Anna Kaminski Competes at U23 World Championship
Back in June, we told you that women's rower Anna Kaminski had made the United States' U-23 National Team and would be representing our country at the U23 World Championships
Well, the World Championships just concluded in Trakai, Lithuania, and although Anna did not bring home a medal, she was still able to compete in three races against some of the top U23 crews in the world.
In the first race with her partner, Rosemary Popa, the duo turned in a third-place finish in a 2,000-meter Women's Pair heat. The American boat finished in 7:49.88 behind New Zealand and Norway, while defeating Latvia and Hungary. However, they were unable to clinch a spot in the Grand Finals as they needed to finish in the top two to advance.
Their second race resulted in another third-place finish (7:40.87) as the pair followed the Czech Republic and the Netherlands across the finish line ahead of Latvia and Hungary. In their final race, the Petit Final, Kaminski and Popa took second place ahead of Hungary while Latvia won the race. In the Grand Final, New Zealand took home the gold medal while Great Britain grabbed silver and Germany took bronze.
Once Anna is back on campus we will catch up with her and let her fill you in on her experience on the world stage.
TrackBack URL: http://cstv.collegesports.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/37125
MOST RECENT POSTS
- GW Men's Basketball in Italy - Day 8, Ferraris and Poggio Rusco
- Anna Kaminski Competes at U23 World Championship
- GW Men's Basketball in Italy - Day 7, Shifting into Game Mode in Siena
- GW Men's Basketball in Italy - Day 6, Pisa, Camp Darby and Pato
- GW Volleyball Video Blog, Episode #2
- GW Men's Basketball in Italy - Day 5, Arrivederci Roma-Ciao Firenze!
- GW Men's Basketball in Italy - Day 4, NSA Naples & Pompeii
- GW Men's Basketball in Italy - Ciao Roma!
- Samie Cloutier Named Top-20 Player in A-10 by Top Drawer Soccer