GW Men's Basketball in Italy - Ciao Roma!
Well, the itinerary says Day 3, but today was really our first full day to experience Rome after a long Wednesday night and Thursday of travel and it was worth the wait.
The morning saw us tour the Colosseum and St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican, though we weren't allowed to photo inside Pope Benedict's residence.
After a mad hunt for massive quantities of water and afternoon lunch/siesta, our group geared up for another tour of Rome - a VESPA tour. What seemed daunting at first turned into a wonderfully enjoyable experience for everyone involved and proved to be a great way to do as the Romans while learning about them, their culture and their city.
You can check out some photos of the day in this photo gallery, view a video from our Vespa tour, and follow along with @GW_MBB on Twitter for additional photos and videos.
Also be sure to read Patrick Stevens' Washington Times article about the status of the team and its five freshmen, great read - http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/aug/16/george-washington-basketball-young-colonials-alrea/
TrackBack URL: http://cstv.collegesports.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/36985
MOST RECENT POSTS
- GW Men's Basketball in Italy - Day 4, NSA Naples & Pompeii
- GW Men's Basketball in Italy - Ciao Roma!
- Samie Cloutier Named Top-20 Player in A-10 by Top Drawer Soccer
- GW Baseball Summer Ball Roundup
- GW Volleyball Video Blog
- GW Women's Soccer's Kristi Abbate Named 2012 Top Newcomer by Soccer America
- GW Men's Basketball Italian Itinerary
- Welcome to 22&G - The Official Blog of GWsports.com!