Men's Water Polo
Tyner totaled 12 points (six goals, six assists) and Ridvan Pehlivan added five
goals and four ejections drawn as the GW Men's Water Polo team split its first
two home matches of the season. The Colonials narrowly fell to #15
- Cameron Illes earned CWPA Southern Division Defensive Player of the Week honors on Tuesday after registering 37 saves last weekend. It is the second time this season Illes has earned the honor and fourth time in his career.
- Freshman Nikita Fomin won four matches over three days to claim the Gold Singles championship at the UVA Ranked +1 Invitational. His weekend included two victories over ranked opponents.
Francisco Dias, the 89th-ranked player in the country, upset 68th-ranked
Nelson Vick of
Leah Pascarella won three matches in three days to clinch the Georgetown Classic singles championship at district rival
doubles pair of senior Mimi Hamling and freshman Lana Robins won three matches,
including victories over pairs from UMBC and
- The Colonials remained unbeaten at home as Kristi Abbate and Taylor Katz each found the back of the net in a 2-0 victory over Howard on Friday.
- Freshman goalkeeper Shannon Murphy turned away three shots to post her first career shutout in her first career start for the Buff and Blue.
duo of freshman skipper Hannah McNomee and sophomore Meagan Murphy finished third in the B Division out of seven teams at the Princeton Women's Fall Open
- McNomee skippered her boat to victory in her first collegiate race on Saturday. McNomee and Murphy finished with 40 points, one behind second-place Cornell and 14 shy of overall winner Fordham.
- The Colonials opened Atlantic 10 play with a 3-0 sweep of Charlotte on Friday night. Senior Lauren Whyte was one of five players to post at least five kills, leading the way with 13 winners.
- On Saturday, VCU defeated the Colonials, 3-0.
- Senior Seth Rudolph scored his third goal of the season and 25th his career, but it was not enough as the Colonials fell, 2-1, to visiting UMBC on Saturday at the GW Soccer Field on the Mount Vernon Campus.