GW Hosts U.S. Squash's Gold Junior Tournament
This past weekend, the Matthew J. Grossman Squash Courts at Lerner Health & Wellness Center hosted the Washington Gold Junior Squash Tournament.
The GW Squash facility played host to the top 204 U17 and U19 players, which in total represented 15 states and Canada. Other venues around the city, including Bethesda Health & Racquet Club, Results Gym, Sports Club LA and the University Club, hosted additional divisions.
The tournament, which was a nationally-sanctioned junior event affiliated with U.S. Squash, was a big success as hundreds of fans turned out to view the action on the six glass-backed international courts inside Lerner Health & Wellness Center.
"It was the first time we have hosted a nationally-sanctioned tournament here," said GW Squash Head Coach Wendy Lawrence. "It was a great opportunity for junior players who are starting the college application process to be able to see what a Division I squash facility looks like. Our facility has never hosted an open tournament like this before. The feedback we have been getting has been so great and supportive so we are certainly looking for this to be an annual event.
Full tournament results are available at the official site of US Squash. Click on the "Tournament Results" link on the right side of the page.
GW Women's Squash players enjoying the action.
TrackBack URL: http://cstv.collegesports.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/37785
MOST RECENT POSTS
- GW Volleyball Video Blog, Episode #3
- GW Hosts U.S. Squash's Gold Junior Tournament
- Colonials Athletics Weekend Roundup - Aug. 30-Sept. 3
- Sports & Spirit Day is Wednesday, Sept. 5 in Square 80!
- Ridvan Pehlivan to Compete at European Under-19 Water Polo Championships
- Crash Course in George Washington
- GW Men's Basketball in Italy - Day 11, Seniors Reflect on Final Night
- GW Men's Basketball in Italy - Day 10, Lake Como and the Oleggio Magic
- GW Men's Basketball in Italy - Day 9, Balsamic Vinaigrette and Fortitudo Bologna