GW Women's Cross Country Enters NCAA Regional Rankings
For the first time in program history, the George Washington women's cross country has garnered a regional ranking in the latest edition of the United States Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) Mid-Atlantic Regional Poll.
The Colonials are currently ranked 15th in the poll,
which includes Atlantic 10 rivals La Salle (7th), Duquesne (9th) and
GW used a 13th-place finish (out of 28 teams) at last weekend's Princeton Invitational to vault into the regional rankings. As a team, the Colonials have registered one top-five and two top-10 finishes this season.
The Colonials have next weekend off as they prepare for the
Atlantic 10 Championships on October 27 at
GW finished in 11th-place at last year's A-10 Championship while its highest finish at the event came in 1997 when the Colonials took fifth-place at nearby Bull Run Park in Centerville, Va.
TrackBack URL: http://cstv.collegesports.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/39341
MOST RECENT POSTS
- Men's Basketball's Lasan Kromah Named to Preseason All-Atlantic 10 Team
- GW Women's Cross Country Enters NCAA Regional Rankings
- Colonials Athletics Weekend Roundup - Oct. 12-14
- GW Men's Rowing Shines at Occoquan Chase
- Women's Basketball's Tara Booker Earns Preseason Honor
- Volleyball Takes a Day Off to Honor Veterans
- Colonials Athletics Weekend Roundup - Oct. 5-7
- GW Softball Spends a Morning at the Capitol
- GW Lacrosse Sophomore Receives Community Service Athlete of the Month Award