Women's Basketball's Tara Booker Earns Preseason Honor
With Colonials Invasion in the books and the start of basketball season less than a month away, it's time for the annual doling out of preseason honors by media outlets.
Last week, graduate student Tara Booker was selected to the Atlantic 10 Preseason All-Conference First Team by College Sports Madness. Last season, Booker led GW in rebounding (7.0 rpg), blocks (1.1 bpg), field goal percentage (.429), three-point field goals made (47) and three-point percentage (.353) and ranked second in scoring (12.0 ppg) and steals (2.0 spg). One of two Colonials to start all 29 games, she ranked among A-10 leaders in most of those categories as well. The Galloway, N.J., native finished the season strong, averaging 14.7 ppg over her final six contests, tallying two of her four double-doubles during that stretch.
Booker enters the 2012-13 season sixth all-time at GW with 162 career three-pointers and 13th with 599 career rebounds.
The Colonials tip off the 2012-13 campaign on Friday, Nov. 9, when they host Texas-Arlington at 7 p.m. at the Charles E. Smith Center. Tickets are available here. And you can follow GW women's basketball all season long on Twitter at @GW_WBB.
TrackBack URL: http://cstv.collegesports.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/39289
MOST RECENT POSTS
- GW Men's Rowing Shines at Occoquan Chase
- Women's Basketball's Tara Booker Earns Preseason Honor
- Volleyball Takes a Day Off to Honor Veterans
- Colonials Athletics Weekend Roundup - Oct. 5-7
- GW Softball Spends a Morning at the Capitol
- GW Lacrosse Sophomore Receives Community Service Athlete of the Month Award
- Men's Squash Visits SquashWise Over Alumni Weekend
- GW Women's Rowing Opens Fall Season at Head of the Potomac
- Colonials Athletics Weekend Roundup - Sept. 28-30