GW Volleyball Adds Transfer to Roster
George Washington volleyball head coach Amanda Ault has announced that transfer Jordan Timmer, a setter from Central Michigan, will be joining the Colonials in time for the 2013 spring semester.
Timmer appeared in 16 matches for the Chippewas as a freshman this past season, averaging 4.45 assists per set in addition to a .269 hitting percentage and 28 digs.
"We are extremely excited to have Jordan join us for the spring semester," said head coach Amanda Ault. "I was fortunate enough to watch Jordan develop as a player throughout her club seasons. She understands the commitment that is needed from the setting position and has great court awareness. She is a fiery player and her athleticism helps her control the game."
A 2011 PrepVolleyball.com Senior Ace (Top 250 recruit) and an Andi Collins Award Finalist, awarded to the nation's top prep-setter, Timmer finished her scholastic career at Lowell High School with 4,385 assists, 416 aces and 1,016 kills. She was a three-time Most Valuable Player selection, three-time team captain and three-time selection to the First Team All-Conference, All-Region and All-State teams.
"It will be great to have her here this spring so she can begin bonding with our hitters and learning the system," said Coach Ault.
TrackBack URL: http://cstv.collegesports.com/mt5.2/mt-tb.cgi/42256
MOST RECENT POSTS
- Men's Squash Wins Exhibition During Winter Training Trip
- GW Volleyball Adds Transfer to Roster
- Softball's Tori Valos and Autumn Taylor Earn Preseason Honors
- GW Water Polo Honors Fallen Veterans with Wreaths Across America
- GW Softball Spends Offseason Hours in the Community
- GW Athletics Connects Past and Current Student-Athletes on LinkedIn
- Colonials Athletics Weekend Roundup - Dec. 7-9
- Colonials Athletics Weekend Roundup - Nov. 30-Dec. 2
- Women's Soccer's Jane Wallis Named Community Service Athlete of the Month