Porras, Sobhy and Shea Compete at CSA Individual Nationals
George Washington squash players Omar Sobhy, Anna Gabriela Porras and Jackie Shea each competed this weekend at the College Squash Association (CSA) Individual National Championships at Trinity College in Hartford, Conn.
Porras had the most successful weekend of the trio. She lost to eventual finalist Kanzy El DeFrawy, the No. 3 seed, in the opening round of the Ramsey Cup (A-Division) before winning twice in the consolation bracket to advance to the semifinals. In the semifinals against Penn's Pia Trikha, Porras fell in five sets.
Sobhy, competing in the Pool Cup (A-Division) for the first time in his career, faced top-seeded Todd Herrity of Princeton, but fell in straight sets. In the consolation round, Sobhy fell in four sets to Yale's Richard Dodd, eliminating him from the tournament.
Shea defeated Alyssa Northrop of Williams in straight sets in the opening round of the Holleran Cup (B-Division) but lost to Chloe Blacker of Penn in the next round, eliminating her from the tournament.
TrackBack URL: http://cstv.collegesports.com/mt5.2/mt-tb.cgi/44277
MOST RECENT POSTS
- Colonials Athletics Spring Break Update
- Porras, Sobhy and Shea Compete at CSA Individual Nationals
- Colonials Athletics Weekend Roundup - March 1-3
- GW Cross Country Teams Honored as USTFCCCA All-Academic Teams
- Colonials Athletics Weekend Roundup - Feb. 22-24
- Lauren Byrne Named Community Service Athlete of the Month
- Colonials Athletics Weekend Roundup - Feb. 15-17
- Volleyball Assistant Erin Moore Caps Professional Career
- Colonials Athletics Weekend Roundup - Feb. 8-10