George Washington softball infielders Victoria Valos and Megan Linn have been picked to earn a spot on the Atlantic 10 conference first-team in College Sports Madness' pre-season staff poll.
Valos enters her senior campaign with a career .345 batting average and a program-record 28 home runs and 128 RBIs. The psychology major also holds the program-record for career slugging percentage with a .622 mark. Valos earned A-10 all-conference second team honors as well as a spot on College Sports Madness' second-team all-conference list in 2014.
Linn comes off a stellar freshman season, earning A-10 second-team and all-rookie honors while setting the single-season record for stolen bases by a Colonial with 30. The Corona, California native's .370 average led GW and helped land her College Sports Madness' A-10 Freshman of the Year and first-team all-conference honors.
The Colonials open the 2015 season on Friday, as they take on Evansville and Chattanooga at the Plainsman Invite in Auburn, Ala.
For a full list of the College Sports Madness A-10 preseason all-conference selections, click here.
MOST RECENT POSTS
- From The Starting Lineup To The Bench
- GW Men's Tennis Volunteers at Heart to Heart Event
- @GWXCTrack's Malone Gabor Named Community Service Student-Athlete of the Month
- GW Men's Swim & Dive and Men's Soccer Volunteer with DC Scores
- @GWWomensSoccer's Erin Boudreau Attended Millennial Outreach and Engagement Summit at the White House
- @GWSquash's Josh Marks Named Community Service Student-Athlete of the Month
- In Their Own Words: @GW_Sailing's Gabriella Malek on #FreshmanDayOfService
- @GW_MBB in Japan: Day Six
- @GW_MBB in Japan: Day Four