1973 ATHLETIC HALL OF FAME INDUCTEE
Thaddeus "Tad" Lindner ('51) swung for the GW golf team starting in 1947, when he joined the freshman team, and went on to play three years with the varsity golf team from 1948-51. His senior year, he was captain of the golf team. Among the highlights of his golf career at GW, Lindner recalls taking the golf team to The Homestead in Hot Springs, VA, to play in the 1950 Southern Conference championship.
As an undergraduate, Lindner was known as a young entrepreneur who established Colonial Parking with a classmate in 1953. Colonial Parking is now recognized as one of the largest of its kind. Lindner was also chairman of the GW committee on university trusteeship and received an honorary doctorate degree in 1994. Lindner is an emeritus member of the GW Board of Trustees.
Lindner is married to wife Mary Jean, also a GW alumna, and they have four children: Russell, Gary, Eric and Ann.