GW 88, Stony Brook 60
Jan. 16, 2006
Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
1-16-06, vs. Stony Brook (Washington, DC; Smith Center)
Final Score: GW 88, SBU 60
- Tonight's game marks the first-ever meeting between GW and Stony Brook.
- GW's 13-1 start is its best since the 1953-54 season, when the Colonials started 19-1 and finished 23-3. It is also just the third time in school history in which GW has started a season 13-1 (1936-37 & 1953-54).
- GW held Stony Brook without a field goal for more than a four minute span to begin both the first and second halves. Stony Brook went scoreless over the first 4:26 of the first half, in which the Colonials went on a 13-0 run to start the game. Stony Brook went without a field goal over the first 4:02 of the second half.
- With a win over Stony Brook, GW extended its home non-conference winning streak to 15 games.
- GW's 47-30 halftime lead marked its third-largest halftime lead (17) this season.
- GW made a season-best 12 three-pointers tonight.
- Stony Brook had just 4 assists tonight, which is the least by a GW opponent this season.
- GW senior Omar Williams scored in double-figures for the fifth time this season.
- GW senior Mike Hall has scored in double-figures in all seven of the Colonials home non-conference games. He also tied his season-high for assists with five.
- GW junior Danilo Pinnock scored in double-figures for the eighth straight game.
- GW freshman Noel Wilmore scored a career-best eight points.
- GW sophomore Maureece Rice tied his career-high with five assists.
GW Athletics Hosts Wounded Warrior Project
The Smith Center was used for a Health and Wellness weekend put on by WWP, GW coaches and staff
Men's Basketball Holds First Team Practice
The GW men’s basketball team on Monday ushered in the official start of preseason with its first team practice in the Charles E. Smith Center.
GW Fixture Ed McKee to be Honored by Alma Mater as an Outstanding Alumnus
As one of four Rockhurst University alumni that will be honored for their achievements in their professional lives and their contributions to their...
Granger eager for next challenge
Jack Granger’s willingness to tackle any challenge with a bounce in his step and a smile made him a good fit as a GW men’s basketball manager....
Men's Basketball Reveals Full 2017-18 Schedule
The GW men’s basketball team on Wednesday revealed its complete schedule for the 2017-18 season which will include home games with defending Atlantic...
Men's Basketball Announces Non-Conference Schedule
WASHINGTON -- Home contests with Miami, Princeton, and Harvard, along with the BB&T Classic vs. Temple and away from home clashes against the likes of...
Men's Basketball Alumni Weekend Reunites Past Colonials
Last weekend in the Charles E. Smith Center, Colonial greats from past and present gathered to rekindle old bonds and forge new ones at the first GW Men̵...
Men's Basketball to Face Xavier in Las Vegas Invitational
The Continental Tire Las Vegas Invitational has announced the matchups for this year’s event, and GW is set to face former Atlantic 10 foe Xavier in...