GW 88, Stony Brook 60
Jan. 16, 2006
Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
- Tonight's game marks the first-ever meeting between GW and Stony Brook.
- GW's 13-1 start is its best since the 1953-54 season, when the Colonials started 19-1 and finished 23-3. It is also just the third time in school history in which GW has started a season 13-1 (1936-37 & 1953-54).
- GW held Stony Brook without a field goal for more than a four minute span to begin both the first and second halves. Stony Brook went scoreless over the first 4:26 of the first half, in which the Colonials went on a 13-0 run to start the game. Stony Brook went without a field goal over the first 4:02 of the second half.
- With a win over Stony Brook, GW extended its home non-conference winning streak to 15 games.
- GW's 47-30 halftime lead marked its third-largest halftime lead (17) this season.
- GW made a season-best 12 three-pointers tonight.
- Stony Brook had just 4 assists tonight, which is the least by a GW opponent this season.
- GW senior Omar Williams scored in double-figures for the fifth time this season.
- GW senior Mike Hall has scored in double-figures in all seven of the Colonials home non-conference games. He also tied his season-high for assists with five.
- GW junior Danilo Pinnock scored in double-figures for the eighth straight game.
- GW freshman Noel Wilmore scored a career-best eight points.
- GW sophomore Maureece Rice tied his career-high with five assists.