GW 88, Stony Brook 60
Jan. 16, 2006
Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
1-16-06, vs. Stony Brook (Washington, DC; Smith Center)
Final Score: GW 88, SBU 60
- Tonight's game marks the first-ever meeting between GW and Stony Brook.
- GW's 13-1 start is its best since the 1953-54 season, when the Colonials started 19-1 and finished 23-3. It is also just the third time in school history in which GW has started a season 13-1 (1936-37 & 1953-54).
- GW held Stony Brook without a field goal for more than a four minute span to begin both the first and second halves. Stony Brook went scoreless over the first 4:26 of the first half, in which the Colonials went on a 13-0 run to start the game. Stony Brook went without a field goal over the first 4:02 of the second half.
- With a win over Stony Brook, GW extended its home non-conference winning streak to 15 games.
- GW's 47-30 halftime lead marked its third-largest halftime lead (17) this season.
- GW made a season-best 12 three-pointers tonight.
- Stony Brook had just 4 assists tonight, which is the least by a GW opponent this season.
- GW senior Omar Williams scored in double-figures for the fifth time this season.
- GW senior Mike Hall has scored in double-figures in all seven of the Colonials home non-conference games. He also tied his season-high for assists with five.
- GW junior Danilo Pinnock scored in double-figures for the eighth straight game.
- GW freshman Noel Wilmore scored a career-best eight points.
- GW sophomore Maureece Rice tied his career-high with five assists.
@GW_MBB Welcomes Back Alumni
The GW men's basketball team welcomed back a number of alumni to practice on Saturday, Oct. 1
The GW men's basketball team has been hard at work preparing for the 2016-17 season
GW Names Maurice Joseph Interim Head Coach of Men's Basketball
The George Washington University announced today that Maurice Joseph has been named Interim Head Coach of the men's basketball team.
GW Men's Basketball Announces 2016-17 Schedule
The GW men's basketball team on Tuesday unveiled its 2016-17 schedule and it includes a minimum of 17 nationally televised games
@GW_MBB Concludes Japan Tour with 82-58 rout of Ryukyu Kings
The GW men's basketball team wrapped up its tour of Japan with an 82-58 rout of the Ryukyu Golden Kings Sunday afternoon at the Okinawa City Gymnasium
GW Finishes 3-0 vs. Japan with 75-47 Win
The GW men's basketball team completed a three-game sweep of the Japan National Team with a 75-47 victory Friday night in Hamamatsu Arena.
Watanabe, Cavanaugh Lead GW Men's Basketball Past Japan
Yuta Watanabe scored 19 and Tyler Cavanaugh had 23 as GW men's basketball defeated Japan, 77-71 on Tuesday evening in Tokyo
GW Men's Basketball Defeats Japan, 81-66
Playing in front of his home fans for the first time in three years, Yuta Watanabe scored 15 points for the George Washington men's basketball team as it...