GW 88, Stony Brook 60
Jan. 16, 2006
Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
1-16-06, vs. Stony Brook (Washington, DC; Smith Center)
Final Score: GW 88, SBU 60
- Tonight's game marks the first-ever meeting between GW and Stony Brook.
- GW's 13-1 start is its best since the 1953-54 season, when the Colonials started 19-1 and finished 23-3. It is also just the third time in school history in which GW has started a season 13-1 (1936-37 & 1953-54).
- GW held Stony Brook without a field goal for more than a four minute span to begin both the first and second halves. Stony Brook went scoreless over the first 4:26 of the first half, in which the Colonials went on a 13-0 run to start the game. Stony Brook went without a field goal over the first 4:02 of the second half.
- With a win over Stony Brook, GW extended its home non-conference winning streak to 15 games.
- GW's 47-30 halftime lead marked its third-largest halftime lead (17) this season.
- GW made a season-best 12 three-pointers tonight.
- Stony Brook had just 4 assists tonight, which is the least by a GW opponent this season.
- GW senior Omar Williams scored in double-figures for the fifth time this season.
- GW senior Mike Hall has scored in double-figures in all seven of the Colonials home non-conference games. He also tied his season-high for assists with five.
- GW junior Danilo Pinnock scored in double-figures for the eighth straight game.
- GW freshman Noel Wilmore scored a career-best eight points.
- GW sophomore Maureece Rice tied his career-high with five assists.
Cavanaugh Named A-10 Co-Player of the Week
George Washington men's basketball forward Tyler Cavanaugh has been named the Atlantic 10 Co-Player of the Week, the league announced Monday.
Men's Basketball Bounces Back vs. Bonnies
On the heels of a heartbreaker against conference front-runner VCU on Wednesday night, the GW men's basketball team needed to bounce quickly with Saint...
Men's Basketball Hosts St. Bonaventure for Homecoming on Saturday
As part of Homecoming Weekend, the GW men’s basketball team plays host to St. Bonaventure on Saturday at 4:30 p.m. in a nationally-televised game on...
Men's Basketball Stunned by VCU, 54-53
Yuta Watanabe and GW men's basketball were denied what would have been a game-winning three-pointer with .4 seconds on the clock after a foul was called on...
Men's Basketball to Whiteout VCU
The GW men’s basketball team looks to get back in the win column in front of its home fans on Wednesday evening vs. VCU in the Charles E. Smith Center,...
Men's Basketball Falls at Richmond, 84-75
On Saturday afternoon at Richmond's Robins Center, the George Washington men's basketball team battled back again and again over the game's final 20 minutes,...
Men's Basketball Returns to the Road to Face Richmond
After seeing its three-game winning streak end at the hands of Rhode Island on Tuesday, the GW men’s basketball team returns to the road on Saturday to...
Men's Basketball Falls Short at Rhode Island, 82-70
The George Washington men's basketball team entered Rhode Island's Ryan Center on Tuesday night as the winners of three straight to pull even at 4-4 in the...