GW 81, Dayton 67
Feb. 8, 2006
Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
2-8-06, vs. Dayton (Washington, DC; Smith Center)
Final Score: GW 81, Dayton 67
- With its victory over Dayton, GW matches the best start in the 89-season history of the program at 19-1. (The Colonials began the 1953-54 season 19-1)
- GW extended its home winning streak to 12 games.
- After Dayton made a 3-pointer on its opening possession of the game, GW went on a 14-0 run over a 3:58 period. It was the Flyers only lead of the game.
- GW's victory over Dayton is its 11th straight. The longest winning streak in program history is 14 games (1935-36).
- GW's win over Dayton marks its fourth straight in the series, which dates back to 1996. The Colonials longest winning streak in the series is five games.
- GW made 3-pointers on four consecutive field goals during a four-minute span in the first half, with each coming from a different player.
- Six Colonials hit at least one 3-pointer in the first half. GW hit seven overall in the half.
- GW went on a 13-2 run over the final 3:46 to close out the first half.
- GW had two players (Pinnock 21, Mensah-Bonsu 20) score at least 20 points in the same game for the first time this season and for the first time since 12/5/04 vs. Maryland in the BB&T Classic (T.J. Thompson 27, Pinnock 22).
- Senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu has made 15 of his last 20 field goal attempts. He also scored 20 or more points for the second time this season and for the 11th time in his career.
- In his last five games, senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu is averaging 18.6 ppg and 8.4 rpg.
- Junior Danilo Pinnock's 21-point effort marked his fourth 20-point game of the season and the ninth in his career. He has scored in double figures in all but three games this season.
- Junior Regis Koundjia matched his season high in points with nine.
Men's Basketball Topples Toledo in CBI, 73-69
Shooting for its 20th win of the season in a first round CBI matchup against the Toledo Rockets on Wednesday night, GW men's basketball found its mark and...
Men’s Basketball Plays Host to Toledo in CBI
TIPPING OFF: The GW men’s basketball team is set to appear in the College Basketball Invitational for the second time as it plays host to Toledo in the...
Men's Basketball to Host Toledo Wednesday in CBI
The GW men’s basketball team has accepted an invitation to play in the College Basketball Invitational and will host a first round game against Toledo ...
Men's Basketball Falls in Heartbreaker, 70-67
Inbounding under Richmond's bucket trailing by one, 68-67, with :05 on the clock, GW men's basketball had an opportunity to avenge a pair of losses at the ...
Men's Basketball Withstands Saint Louis to Advance to A-10 Quarterfinals
Watanabe led all scorers with 18 points on 8-of-17 shooting, while Roland's 10 came on a 4-of-6 effort in 19 total minutes. Tyler Cavanaugh had a game high...
Men's Basketball Opens Play in A-10 Tournament on Thursday
After closing the season in style with a home win over Dayton on Senior Night, the GW men’s basketball team is set to begin its pursuit of the 2017...
Cavanaugh, Watanabe, Steeves Earn All-Conference Honors
Three members of the George Washington men’s basketball team earned accolades for their performances on and off the court as the Atlantic 10 released...
Cavanaugh Named A-10 Player of the Week
Tyler Cavanaugh has been named the A-10 Player of the Week after leading the GW men's basketball team to a pair of impressive wins at Fordham and over...