GW 81, Dayton 67
Feb. 8, 2006
Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
2-8-06, vs. Dayton (Washington, DC; Smith Center)
Final Score: GW 81, Dayton 67
- With its victory over Dayton, GW matches the best start in the 89-season history of the program at 19-1. (The Colonials began the 1953-54 season 19-1)
- GW extended its home winning streak to 12 games.
- After Dayton made a 3-pointer on its opening possession of the game, GW went on a 14-0 run over a 3:58 period. It was the Flyers only lead of the game.
- GW's victory over Dayton is its 11th straight. The longest winning streak in program history is 14 games (1935-36).
- GW's win over Dayton marks its fourth straight in the series, which dates back to 1996. The Colonials longest winning streak in the series is five games.
- GW made 3-pointers on four consecutive field goals during a four-minute span in the first half, with each coming from a different player.
- Six Colonials hit at least one 3-pointer in the first half. GW hit seven overall in the half.
- GW went on a 13-2 run over the final 3:46 to close out the first half.
- GW had two players (Pinnock 21, Mensah-Bonsu 20) score at least 20 points in the same game for the first time this season and for the first time since 12/5/04 vs. Maryland in the BB&T Classic (T.J. Thompson 27, Pinnock 22).
- Senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu has made 15 of his last 20 field goal attempts. He also scored 20 or more points for the second time this season and for the 11th time in his career.
- In his last five games, senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu is averaging 18.6 ppg and 8.4 rpg.
- Junior Danilo Pinnock's 21-point effort marked his fourth 20-point game of the season and the ninth in his career. He has scored in double figures in all but three games this season.
- Junior Regis Koundjia matched his season high in points with nine.
Armel Potter Signs with Men’s Basketball
The GW men’s basketball team has added a highly-coveted guard in the form of transfer Armel Potter, who averaged 13.3 points in two seasons at...
Men's Basketball to Host Miami on Dec. 16
For the sixth straight season, and for the second time in the Charles E. Smith Center during that span, the GW men's basketball team will face an ACC...
Men’s Basketball Announces Additions of Jack, Nolan
Maceo Jack, a 6-foot-5 guard from Buffalo, New York, and Terry Nolan Jr., a 6-foot-3 guard from Baltimore, have signed national letters-of-intent to attend...
Men’s Basketball to Play in Las Vegas Invitational
The George Washington men’s basketball team will be one of eight teams to take part in The 2017 Continental Tire Las Vegas Invitational at Orleans...
Cavanaugh Set to Play in Portsmouth Invitational
Coming off an MVP performance at the 2017 Reese’s All-Star game two weeks ago in Phoenix, Tyler Cavanaugh is once again set to showcase his talents in ...
Garino Signs with Orlando Magic
Former GW star Patricio Garino, who has spent this season playing for the Austin Spurs in the NBA Development League, has been called up by the Orlando Magic...
Cavanaugh to Play in Reese’s College All-Star Game
After wrapping up a stellar career for the GW men’s basketball team last week, Tyler Cavanaugh is set to put his talents on display at the Reese’...
GW Tabs Maurice Joseph as Head Coach of Men’s Basketball
George Washington University announced today Maurice Joseph as Head Men’s Basketball Coach.