GW 81, Dayton 67
Feb. 8, 2006
Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
2-8-06, vs. Dayton (Washington, DC; Smith Center)
Final Score: GW 81, Dayton 67
- With its victory over Dayton, GW matches the best start in the 89-season history of the program at 19-1. (The Colonials began the 1953-54 season 19-1)
- GW extended its home winning streak to 12 games.
- After Dayton made a 3-pointer on its opening possession of the game, GW went on a 14-0 run over a 3:58 period. It was the Flyers only lead of the game.
- GW's victory over Dayton is its 11th straight. The longest winning streak in program history is 14 games (1935-36).
- GW's win over Dayton marks its fourth straight in the series, which dates back to 1996. The Colonials longest winning streak in the series is five games.
- GW made 3-pointers on four consecutive field goals during a four-minute span in the first half, with each coming from a different player.
- Six Colonials hit at least one 3-pointer in the first half. GW hit seven overall in the half.
- GW went on a 13-2 run over the final 3:46 to close out the first half.
- GW had two players (Pinnock 21, Mensah-Bonsu 20) score at least 20 points in the same game for the first time this season and for the first time since 12/5/04 vs. Maryland in the BB&T Classic (T.J. Thompson 27, Pinnock 22).
- Senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu has made 15 of his last 20 field goal attempts. He also scored 20 or more points for the second time this season and for the 11th time in his career.
- In his last five games, senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu is averaging 18.6 ppg and 8.4 rpg.
- Junior Danilo Pinnock's 21-point effort marked his fourth 20-point game of the season and the ninth in his career. He has scored in double figures in all but three games this season.
- Junior Regis Koundjia matched his season high in points with nine.
Men's Basketball Visits Richmond
TIPPING OFF: Looking to snap a three-game skid and notch its first road win of the season, GW meets Richmond for a nationally-televised Saturday matinee in...
Men's Basketball Downed at Davidson
DAVIDSON, N.C. -- Seeking its first win at Belk Arena since Davidson joined the Atlantic 10, the George Washington men's basketball team hoped to slow down...
Men's Basketball Visits Davidson on Wednesday
TIPPING OFF: GW opens a tough stretch that takes them away from home for the majority of January’s slate as it visits Davidson on Wednesday for a 7 p.m...
Men's Basketball Succumbs to Rhode Island, 81-60
WASHINGTON -- Hoping to stay above .500 overall and get back to a winning mark in conference play, the George Washington men’s basketball team knew it ...
Defense Key as Men's Basketball Hosts URI Saturday
Maurice Joseph isn’t joking around when he says he wants his GW men’s basketball team to lead the Atlantic 10 in home runs.
The Colonials borrow...
Men's Basketball Dropped by Duquesne
PITTSBURGH, Pa. -- After opening A-10 play with a win against Saint Joseph's and extending its winning streak to three games on Saturday, the George...
Men's Basketball Looks for Fourth Straight Win at Duquesne
TIPPING OFF: After closing 2017 with three straight victories, including the A-10 opener vs. Saint Joseph’s last Saturday, GW hits the road looking for...
Men's Basketball Opens Conference Play With a Win
WASHINGTON -- In the first game of Atlantic play and the final game of the calendar year, the George Washington men’s basketball team put together a...