GW 81, Dayton 67
Feb. 8, 2006
Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
2-8-06, vs. Dayton (Washington, DC; Smith Center)
Final Score: GW 81, Dayton 67
- With its victory over Dayton, GW matches the best start in the 89-season history of the program at 19-1. (The Colonials began the 1953-54 season 19-1)
- GW extended its home winning streak to 12 games.
- After Dayton made a 3-pointer on its opening possession of the game, GW went on a 14-0 run over a 3:58 period. It was the Flyers only lead of the game.
- GW's victory over Dayton is its 11th straight. The longest winning streak in program history is 14 games (1935-36).
- GW's win over Dayton marks its fourth straight in the series, which dates back to 1996. The Colonials longest winning streak in the series is five games.
- GW made 3-pointers on four consecutive field goals during a four-minute span in the first half, with each coming from a different player.
- Six Colonials hit at least one 3-pointer in the first half. GW hit seven overall in the half.
- GW went on a 13-2 run over the final 3:46 to close out the first half.
- GW had two players (Pinnock 21, Mensah-Bonsu 20) score at least 20 points in the same game for the first time this season and for the first time since 12/5/04 vs. Maryland in the BB&T Classic (T.J. Thompson 27, Pinnock 22).
- Senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu has made 15 of his last 20 field goal attempts. He also scored 20 or more points for the second time this season and for the 11th time in his career.
- In his last five games, senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu is averaging 18.6 ppg and 8.4 rpg.
- Junior Danilo Pinnock's 21-point effort marked his fourth 20-point game of the season and the ninth in his career. He has scored in double figures in all but three games this season.
- Junior Regis Koundjia matched his season high in points with nine.
Men’s Basketball Visits VCU on Wednesday
The GW men’s basketball team will look to get back to its winning ways on the road as it visits VCU on Wednesday for a nationally-televised game on...
Men's Basketball Beat By Richmond, 77-70
Despite a valiant comeback attempt in which the GW men's basketball team cut a 23-point second half deficit to four, the Colonials ultimately succumbed to...
Men's Basketball Hosts Richmond on Sunday
After winning its A-10 home opener over Davidson on Thursday, the GW men’s basketball team looks to make it two in a row as the Richmond Spiders visit ...
Men's Basketball Secures A-10 Home Opener vs. Davidson, 73-69
In its first home game since December 15th, GW men's basketball ran its home winning streak to four and improved to 7-1 overall at home with a 73-69 victory ...
Men's Basketball Returns Home to Host Davidson on Thursday
The GW men's basketball team returns home to the Charles E. Smith Center for the first time in three weeks as it plays host to conference foe Davidson on...
Men's Basketball Falls in A-10 Opener at Saint Joseph's, 68-63
After compiling an 8-5 mark in non-conference action, the George Washington men's basketball team began conference play in Philadelphia on Friday night, but ...
Basketball Enters League Play with Optimism
The GW men’s and women’s basketball programs find themselves in similar positions as the New Year approaches and conference play is set to begin.
Men's Basketball Opens A-10 Play at Saint Joseph's
After finishing non-conference play with an 8-5 record, the GW men’s basketball team begins conference play as it takes on Saint Joseph’s on...