GW 81, Dayton 67
Feb. 8, 2006
Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
2-8-06, vs. Dayton (Washington, DC; Smith Center)
Final Score: GW 81, Dayton 67
- With its victory over Dayton, GW matches the best start in the 89-season history of the program at 19-1. (The Colonials began the 1953-54 season 19-1)
- GW extended its home winning streak to 12 games.
- After Dayton made a 3-pointer on its opening possession of the game, GW went on a 14-0 run over a 3:58 period. It was the Flyers only lead of the game.
- GW's victory over Dayton is its 11th straight. The longest winning streak in program history is 14 games (1935-36).
- GW's win over Dayton marks its fourth straight in the series, which dates back to 1996. The Colonials longest winning streak in the series is five games.
- GW made 3-pointers on four consecutive field goals during a four-minute span in the first half, with each coming from a different player.
- Six Colonials hit at least one 3-pointer in the first half. GW hit seven overall in the half.
- GW went on a 13-2 run over the final 3:46 to close out the first half.
- GW had two players (Pinnock 21, Mensah-Bonsu 20) score at least 20 points in the same game for the first time this season and for the first time since 12/5/04 vs. Maryland in the BB&T Classic (T.J. Thompson 27, Pinnock 22).
- Senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu has made 15 of his last 20 field goal attempts. He also scored 20 or more points for the second time this season and for the 11th time in his career.
- In his last five games, senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu is averaging 18.6 ppg and 8.4 rpg.
- Junior Danilo Pinnock's 21-point effort marked his fourth 20-point game of the season and the ninth in his career. He has scored in double figures in all but three games this season.
- Junior Regis Koundjia matched his season high in points with nine.
Cavanaugh to Play for Atlanta Hawks in Summer League
WASHINGTON -- Former GW star forward Tyler Cavanaugh has found a summer league home with the Atlanta Hawks.
Watanabe Hard at Work Preparing for Senior Season
After the GW men’s basketball team’s season ended in March, junior Yuta Watanabe had an important decision to make.
Raise High 'Cast: Patricio Garino
On episode two of the Raise High 'Cast, the official podcast of GW Athletics, former GW star Patricio Garino joins David Earl to talk about a whirlwind past ...
Men's Basketball Signs Javier Langarica
The GW men’s basketball program looks to further a long history of success with international players with the signing of Javier Langarica, a 6-foot-9 ...
Catching up with Tyler Cavanaugh
In the past seven weeks, Tyler Cavanaugh has completed pre-draft workouts with 13 NBA teams as the former GW star looks to begin his path towards making an...
Men’s Basketball to Begin Home-and-Home with Princeton
WASHINGTON -- The George Washington men’s basketball team has agreed to a home-and-home series with Princeton University.
Raise High 'Cast: Maurice Joseph
On the first edition of the Raise High Cast, the official podcast of GW Athletics, host David Earl is joined by men's basketball coach Maurice Joseph. The...
A-10 Releases Men’s Basketball Matchups for 2017-18
The Atlantic 10 on Wednesday announced the schedule pairings for the 2017-18 men’s basketball season, and GW will play eight games against teams that...