GW 81, Dayton 67
Feb. 8, 2006
Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
2-8-06, vs. Dayton (Washington, DC; Smith Center)
Final Score: GW 81, Dayton 67
- With its victory over Dayton, GW matches the best start in the 89-season history of the program at 19-1. (The Colonials began the 1953-54 season 19-1)
- GW extended its home winning streak to 12 games.
- After Dayton made a 3-pointer on its opening possession of the game, GW went on a 14-0 run over a 3:58 period. It was the Flyers only lead of the game.
- GW's victory over Dayton is its 11th straight. The longest winning streak in program history is 14 games (1935-36).
- GW's win over Dayton marks its fourth straight in the series, which dates back to 1996. The Colonials longest winning streak in the series is five games.
- GW made 3-pointers on four consecutive field goals during a four-minute span in the first half, with each coming from a different player.
- Six Colonials hit at least one 3-pointer in the first half. GW hit seven overall in the half.
- GW went on a 13-2 run over the final 3:46 to close out the first half.
- GW had two players (Pinnock 21, Mensah-Bonsu 20) score at least 20 points in the same game for the first time this season and for the first time since 12/5/04 vs. Maryland in the BB&T Classic (T.J. Thompson 27, Pinnock 22).
- Senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu has made 15 of his last 20 field goal attempts. He also scored 20 or more points for the second time this season and for the 11th time in his career.
- In his last five games, senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu is averaging 18.6 ppg and 8.4 rpg.
- Junior Danilo Pinnock's 21-point effort marked his fourth 20-point game of the season and the ninth in his career. He has scored in double figures in all but three games this season.
- Junior Regis Koundjia matched his season high in points with nine.
Men's Basketball Falls at Davidson, 74-63
After shutting down one of the nation's premier scoring duos in St. Bonaventure's Jaylen Adams and Matt Mobley last Saturday, the GW men's basketball team...
Men's Basketball Starts Road Swing at Davidson
The GW men’s basketball team sets out for a two-game road trip this week as it visits the Davidson Wildcats on Wednesday at 7pm in a game that will be ...
Cavanaugh Named A-10 Co-Player of the Week
George Washington men's basketball forward Tyler Cavanaugh has been named the Atlantic 10 Co-Player of the Week, the league announced Monday.
Men's Basketball Bounces Back vs. Bonnies
On the heels of a heartbreaker against conference front-runner VCU on Wednesday night, the GW men's basketball team needed to bounce quickly with Saint...
Men's Basketball Hosts St. Bonaventure for Homecoming on Saturday
As part of Homecoming Weekend, the GW men’s basketball team plays host to St. Bonaventure on Saturday at 4:30 p.m. in a nationally-televised game on...
Men's Basketball Stunned by VCU, 54-53
Yuta Watanabe and GW men's basketball were denied what would have been a game-winning three-pointer with .4 seconds on the clock after a foul was called on...
Men's Basketball to Whiteout VCU
The GW men’s basketball team looks to get back in the win column in front of its home fans on Wednesday evening vs. VCU in the Charles E. Smith Center,...
Men's Basketball Falls at Richmond, 84-75
On Saturday afternoon at Richmond's Robins Center, the George Washington men's basketball team battled back again and again over the game's final 20 minutes,...