GW 81, Dayton 67
Feb. 8, 2006
Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
2-8-06, vs. Dayton (Washington, DC; Smith Center)
Final Score: GW 81, Dayton 67
- With its victory over Dayton, GW matches the best start in the 89-season history of the program at 19-1. (The Colonials began the 1953-54 season 19-1)
- GW extended its home winning streak to 12 games.
- After Dayton made a 3-pointer on its opening possession of the game, GW went on a 14-0 run over a 3:58 period. It was the Flyers only lead of the game.
- GW's victory over Dayton is its 11th straight. The longest winning streak in program history is 14 games (1935-36).
- GW's win over Dayton marks its fourth straight in the series, which dates back to 1996. The Colonials longest winning streak in the series is five games.
- GW made 3-pointers on four consecutive field goals during a four-minute span in the first half, with each coming from a different player.
- Six Colonials hit at least one 3-pointer in the first half. GW hit seven overall in the half.
- GW went on a 13-2 run over the final 3:46 to close out the first half.
- GW had two players (Pinnock 21, Mensah-Bonsu 20) score at least 20 points in the same game for the first time this season and for the first time since 12/5/04 vs. Maryland in the BB&T Classic (T.J. Thompson 27, Pinnock 22).
- Senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu has made 15 of his last 20 field goal attempts. He also scored 20 or more points for the second time this season and for the 11th time in his career.
- In his last five games, senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu is averaging 18.6 ppg and 8.4 rpg.
- Junior Danilo Pinnock's 21-point effort marked his fourth 20-point game of the season and the ninth in his career. He has scored in double figures in all but three games this season.
- Junior Regis Koundjia matched his season high in points with nine.
Men's Basketball Falls to Penn State, 74-68
GW saw Penn State erase its halftime deficit in the early minutes out of the locker room, as Penn State surged ahead with a 13-2 run to open the frame. The...
Men's Basketball Hosts Penn State in Saturday Matinee
TIPPING OFF: The George Washington men’s basketball team continues a difficult stretch of non-conference action as it welcomes the Big Ten’s Penn...
Men's Basketball Can't Complete Comeback vs. UAB
KANSAS CITY -- In a hard fought battle in the consolation game of the College Basketball Experience Hall of Fame Classic in Kansas City, the GW men's...
Men's Basketball Falls to Georgia in CBE Classic
At the College Basketball Experience Hall of Fame Classic in Kansas City, the GW men's basketball team dropped its first contest of the season in a tightly-c...
Men's Basketball Faces Georgia in CBE Classic on Monday
After opening play in the College Basketball Experience Hall of Fame Classic with home wins over Siena and Arkansas-Pine Bluff, the Colonials head to Kansas ...
Men's Basketball Runs Record to 3-0 With Victory Over UAPB
In improving to 3-0 on the young season, the GW men's basketball team took care of business against the Golden Lions of Arkansas Pine-Bluff with a runaway...
Men's Basketball Looks For Third Straight Win vs. UAPB
Just 48 hours after opening play in the CBE Hall of Fame Classic with a 77-75 win over Siena, the GW men’s basketball team returns to action on...
Men's Basketball Tops Siena, 77-75
In a thriller at the Charles E. Smith Center on Tuesday night, after 14 lead changes and four ties, the George Washington men's basketball team came away...