GW 69, UMass 66
Feb. 15, 2006
Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
- GW extends its winning streak to 13 games, one shy of the all-time school best of 14 games (1935-36 season).
- With its victory over UMass, GW now owns the longest winning streak in the country at 13 games. Gonzaga (12-game winning streak) is idle until its game on Saturday.
- With its victory over UMass, GW evened its all-time Atlantic 10 Conference record to 223-223
- GW and second-ranked Duke are the only two remaining teams in the country with just one loss.
- GW improved to 21-0 on the season when it scores 60+ points.
- GW wore its alternate Buff uniforms for just the second time this season, both at home.
- Junior Danilo Pinnock became the 38th player in GW history to score 1,000 career points. Pinnock scored his 1,000th, 1,001st and 1,002nd career points on a 3-pointer in the first half at 18:23. Pinnock now joins teammates Pops Mensah-Bonsu and Mike Hall in the 1,000-point club.
- GW went on a 12-0 run in the first half from 11:53 to 8:07. The Colonials first basket in that run gave them the lead at 13-12, which was the seventh lead change of the game at that point.
- GW closed out the first half on a 7-0 run over the final 1:17.
- Junior Regis Koundjia had a season-high in steals with three.
- Junior Danilo Pinnock equaled his career high in steals with six.
- GW forced UMass into 29 turnovers, which is a season-high for a Colonials' opponent this season, resulting into 26 points for GW. UMass freshman point guard Chris Lowe had 12 turnovers.