GW 69, UMass 66
Feb. 15, 2006
Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
2-15-06, vs. Massachusetts (Washington, DC; Smith Center)
Final Score: GW 69, Massachusetts 66
- GW extends its winning streak to 13 games, one shy of the all-time school best of 14 games (1935-36 season).
- With its victory over UMass, GW now owns the longest winning streak in the country at 13 games. Gonzaga (12-game winning streak) is idle until its game on Saturday.
- With its victory over UMass, GW evened its all-time Atlantic 10 Conference record to 223-223
- GW and second-ranked Duke are the only two remaining teams in the country with just one loss.
- GW improved to 21-0 on the season when it scores 60+ points.
- GW wore its alternate Buff uniforms for just the second time this season, both at home.
- Junior Danilo Pinnock became the 38th player in GW history to score 1,000 career points. Pinnock scored his 1,000th, 1,001st and 1,002nd career points on a 3-pointer in the first half at 18:23. Pinnock now joins teammates Pops Mensah-Bonsu and Mike Hall in the 1,000-point club.
- GW went on a 12-0 run in the first half from 11:53 to 8:07. The Colonials first basket in that run gave them the lead at 13-12, which was the seventh lead change of the game at that point.
- GW closed out the first half on a 7-0 run over the final 1:17.
- Junior Regis Koundjia had a season-high in steals with three.
- Junior Danilo Pinnock equaled his career high in steals with six.
- GW forced UMass into 29 turnovers, which is a season-high for a Colonials' opponent this season, resulting into 26 points for GW. UMass freshman point guard Chris Lowe had 12 turnovers.
Men's Basketball Falls at Davidson, 74-63
After shutting down one of the nation's premier scoring duos in St. Bonaventure's Jaylen Adams and Matt Mobley last Saturday, the GW men's basketball team...
Men's Basketball Starts Road Swing at Davidson
The GW men’s basketball team sets out for a two-game road trip this week as it visits the Davidson Wildcats on Wednesday at 7pm in a game that will be ...
Cavanaugh Named A-10 Co-Player of the Week
George Washington men's basketball forward Tyler Cavanaugh has been named the Atlantic 10 Co-Player of the Week, the league announced Monday.
Men's Basketball Bounces Back vs. Bonnies
On the heels of a heartbreaker against conference front-runner VCU on Wednesday night, the GW men's basketball team needed to bounce quickly with Saint...
Men's Basketball Hosts St. Bonaventure for Homecoming on Saturday
As part of Homecoming Weekend, the GW men’s basketball team plays host to St. Bonaventure on Saturday at 4:30 p.m. in a nationally-televised game on...
Men's Basketball Stunned by VCU, 54-53
Yuta Watanabe and GW men's basketball were denied what would have been a game-winning three-pointer with .4 seconds on the clock after a foul was called on...
Men's Basketball to Whiteout VCU
The GW men’s basketball team looks to get back in the win column in front of its home fans on Wednesday evening vs. VCU in the Charles E. Smith Center,...
Men's Basketball Falls at Richmond, 84-75
On Saturday afternoon at Richmond's Robins Center, the George Washington men's basketball team battled back again and again over the game's final 20 minutes,...