GW 69, UMass 66
Feb. 15, 2006
Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
2-15-06, vs. Massachusetts (Washington, DC; Smith Center)
Final Score: GW 69, Massachusetts 66
- GW extends its winning streak to 13 games, one shy of the all-time school best of 14 games (1935-36 season).
- With its victory over UMass, GW now owns the longest winning streak in the country at 13 games. Gonzaga (12-game winning streak) is idle until its game on Saturday.
- With its victory over UMass, GW evened its all-time Atlantic 10 Conference record to 223-223
- GW and second-ranked Duke are the only two remaining teams in the country with just one loss.
- GW improved to 21-0 on the season when it scores 60+ points.
- GW wore its alternate Buff uniforms for just the second time this season, both at home.
- Junior Danilo Pinnock became the 38th player in GW history to score 1,000 career points. Pinnock scored his 1,000th, 1,001st and 1,002nd career points on a 3-pointer in the first half at 18:23. Pinnock now joins teammates Pops Mensah-Bonsu and Mike Hall in the 1,000-point club.
- GW went on a 12-0 run in the first half from 11:53 to 8:07. The Colonials first basket in that run gave them the lead at 13-12, which was the seventh lead change of the game at that point.
- GW closed out the first half on a 7-0 run over the final 1:17.
- Junior Regis Koundjia had a season-high in steals with three.
- Junior Danilo Pinnock equaled his career high in steals with six.
- GW forced UMass into 29 turnovers, which is a season-high for a Colonials' opponent this season, resulting into 26 points for GW. UMass freshman point guard Chris Lowe had 12 turnovers.
Men’s Basketball Brings Aboard Bo Zeigler
The GW men’s basketball team has bolstered its frontcourt for the 2017-18 season with the addition of graduate transfer forward Bo Zeigler, who...
Ten Colonials Competing in Kenner League
Play commenced in the 2017 Nike Pro City Jabbo Kenner Summer League last weekend with 10 GW men’s basketball players suiting up alongside some of the...
DJ Williams Joins Men's Basketball
D.J. Williams, a former top-100 recruit out of Chicago who spent the past two seasons at the University of Illinois, has joined the GW men’s basketball...
Cavanaugh to Play for Atlanta Hawks in Summer League
WASHINGTON -- Former GW star forward Tyler Cavanaugh has found a summer league home with the Atlanta Hawks.
Watanabe Hard at Work Preparing for Senior Season
After the GW men’s basketball team’s season ended in March, junior Yuta Watanabe had an important decision to make.
Raise High 'Cast: Patricio Garino
On episode two of the Raise High 'Cast, the official podcast of GW Athletics, former GW star Patricio Garino joins David Earl to talk about a whirlwind past ...
Men's Basketball Signs Javier Langarica
The GW men’s basketball program looks to further a long history of success with international players with the signing of Javier Langarica, a 6-foot-9 ...
Catching up with Tyler Cavanaugh
In the past seven weeks, Tyler Cavanaugh has completed pre-draft workouts with 13 NBA teams as the former GW star looks to begin his path towards making an...