GW 69, UMass 66
Feb. 15, 2006
Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
2-15-06, vs. Massachusetts (Washington, DC; Smith Center)
Final Score: GW 69, Massachusetts 66
- GW extends its winning streak to 13 games, one shy of the all-time school best of 14 games (1935-36 season).
- With its victory over UMass, GW now owns the longest winning streak in the country at 13 games. Gonzaga (12-game winning streak) is idle until its game on Saturday.
- With its victory over UMass, GW evened its all-time Atlantic 10 Conference record to 223-223
- GW and second-ranked Duke are the only two remaining teams in the country with just one loss.
- GW improved to 21-0 on the season when it scores 60+ points.
- GW wore its alternate Buff uniforms for just the second time this season, both at home.
- Junior Danilo Pinnock became the 38th player in GW history to score 1,000 career points. Pinnock scored his 1,000th, 1,001st and 1,002nd career points on a 3-pointer in the first half at 18:23. Pinnock now joins teammates Pops Mensah-Bonsu and Mike Hall in the 1,000-point club.
- GW went on a 12-0 run in the first half from 11:53 to 8:07. The Colonials first basket in that run gave them the lead at 13-12, which was the seventh lead change of the game at that point.
- GW closed out the first half on a 7-0 run over the final 1:17.
- Junior Regis Koundjia had a season-high in steals with three.
- Junior Danilo Pinnock equaled his career high in steals with six.
- GW forced UMass into 29 turnovers, which is a season-high for a Colonials' opponent this season, resulting into 26 points for GW. UMass freshman point guard Chris Lowe had 12 turnovers.
Colonial Madness Set for Friday
Join the GW men's and women's basketball teams at the Charles E. Smith Center on Friday night as the Colonials officially welcome in the beginning of the...
@GW_MBB Welcomes Back Alumni
The GW men's basketball team welcomed back a number of alumni to practice on Saturday, Oct. 1
The GW men's basketball team has been hard at work preparing for the 2016-17 season
GW Names Maurice Joseph Interim Head Coach of Men's Basketball
The George Washington University announced today that Maurice Joseph has been named Interim Head Coach of the men's basketball team.
GW Men's Basketball Announces 2016-17 Schedule
The GW men's basketball team on Tuesday unveiled its 2016-17 schedule and it includes a minimum of 17 nationally televised games
@GW_MBB Concludes Japan Tour with 82-58 rout of Ryukyu Kings
The GW men's basketball team wrapped up its tour of Japan with an 82-58 rout of the Ryukyu Golden Kings Sunday afternoon at the Okinawa City Gymnasium
GW Finishes 3-0 vs. Japan with 75-47 Win
The GW men's basketball team completed a three-game sweep of the Japan National Team with a 75-47 victory Friday night in Hamamatsu Arena.
Watanabe, Cavanaugh Lead GW Men's Basketball Past Japan
Yuta Watanabe scored 19 and Tyler Cavanaugh had 23 as GW men's basketball defeated Japan, 77-71 on Tuesday evening in Tokyo