GW 77, La Salle 65
Feb. 22, 2006
Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
2-22-06, vs. La Salle (Washington, DC; Smith Center)
Final Score: GW 77, La Salle 65
- GW extends its nation-leading winning streak to 15 games, marking the longest such streak in school history.
- GW extends its home court winning streak to 14 games.
- GW extends its series winning streak to six (6) games against La Salle. The Colonials have won four of those six at Smith Center.
- GW reclaimed the lead for the first time in the second half at 15:55 on a Maureece Rice 3-pointer, which was part of a 10-0 run.
- Junior Regis Koundjia posted a career high in points with 13 and a career high in assists with five.
- GW committed a season-low seven (7) fouls.
- GW had at least four players in double-figure scoring for the 16th time in 24 games this season.
- GW had five players score in double figures for just the fourth time this season.
- GW had just six (6) fast-break points to La Salle's 17 when they came into the game averaging 13.9 per game and had a +7.0 margin on its opponents.
- GW had a +13 margin in the game on 2nd chance points. They came into the game holding just a +3.7 margin.
- Junior Danilo Pinnock equaled his career high in assists with six (6).
Men's Basketball Gets Needed Win at Duquesne, 77-70
Road wins don't come easy in late February in conference play, and they're not always pretty. That fact didn't matter to the GW Colonials when they invaded...
Men's Basketball Travels to Duquesne on Sunday
The GW men’s basketball team closes a two-game road trip as it travels to Pittsburgh to face Duquesne on Sunday at noon on NBC Sports Network.
Men's Basketball Falls at Davidson, 74-63
After shutting down one of the nation's premier scoring duos in St. Bonaventure's Jaylen Adams and Matt Mobley last Saturday, the GW men's basketball team...
Men's Basketball Starts Road Swing at Davidson
The GW men’s basketball team sets out for a two-game road trip this week as it visits the Davidson Wildcats on Wednesday at 7pm in a game that will be ...
Cavanaugh Named A-10 Co-Player of the Week
George Washington men's basketball forward Tyler Cavanaugh has been named the Atlantic 10 Co-Player of the Week, the league announced Monday.
Men's Basketball Bounces Back vs. Bonnies
On the heels of a heartbreaker against conference front-runner VCU on Wednesday night, the GW men's basketball team needed to bounce quickly with Saint...
Men's Basketball Hosts St. Bonaventure for Homecoming on Saturday
As part of Homecoming Weekend, the GW men’s basketball team plays host to St. Bonaventure on Saturday at 4:30 p.m. in a nationally-televised game on...
Men's Basketball Stunned by VCU, 54-53
Yuta Watanabe and GW men's basketball were denied what would have been a game-winning three-pointer with .4 seconds on the clock after a foul was called on...