GW 77, La Salle 65
Feb. 22, 2006
Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
2-22-06, vs. La Salle (Washington, DC; Smith Center)
Final Score: GW 77, La Salle 65
- GW extends its nation-leading winning streak to 15 games, marking the longest such streak in school history.
- GW extends its home court winning streak to 14 games.
- GW extends its series winning streak to six (6) games against La Salle. The Colonials have won four of those six at Smith Center.
- GW reclaimed the lead for the first time in the second half at 15:55 on a Maureece Rice 3-pointer, which was part of a 10-0 run.
- Junior Regis Koundjia posted a career high in points with 13 and a career high in assists with five.
- GW committed a season-low seven (7) fouls.
- GW had at least four players in double-figure scoring for the 16th time in 24 games this season.
- GW had five players score in double figures for just the fourth time this season.
- GW had just six (6) fast-break points to La Salle's 17 when they came into the game averaging 13.9 per game and had a +7.0 margin on its opponents.
- GW had a +13 margin in the game on 2nd chance points. They came into the game holding just a +3.7 margin.
- Junior Danilo Pinnock equaled his career high in assists with six (6).
@GW_MBB Welcomes Back Alumni
The GW men's basketball team welcomed back a number of alumni to practice on Saturday, Oct. 1
The GW men's basketball team has been hard at work preparing for the 2016-17 season
GW Names Maurice Joseph Interim Head Coach of Men's Basketball
The George Washington University announced today that Maurice Joseph has been named Interim Head Coach of the men's basketball team.
GW Men's Basketball Announces 2016-17 Schedule
The GW men's basketball team on Tuesday unveiled its 2016-17 schedule and it includes a minimum of 17 nationally televised games
@GW_MBB Concludes Japan Tour with 82-58 rout of Ryukyu Kings
The GW men's basketball team wrapped up its tour of Japan with an 82-58 rout of the Ryukyu Golden Kings Sunday afternoon at the Okinawa City Gymnasium
GW Finishes 3-0 vs. Japan with 75-47 Win
The GW men's basketball team completed a three-game sweep of the Japan National Team with a 75-47 victory Friday night in Hamamatsu Arena.
Watanabe, Cavanaugh Lead GW Men's Basketball Past Japan
Yuta Watanabe scored 19 and Tyler Cavanaugh had 23 as GW men's basketball defeated Japan, 77-71 on Tuesday evening in Tokyo
GW Men's Basketball Defeats Japan, 81-66
Playing in front of his home fans for the first time in three years, Yuta Watanabe scored 15 points for the George Washington men's basketball team as it...