Dec. 8, 2005
Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
12-8-05, vs. Florida International (Washington, DC; Smith Center)
Final Score: GW 70, FIU 45
- The last time GW started the season 6-0 was the 1992-93 season. The Colonials started that season 7-0 and finished with a 21-9 record. GW's best start in school history is 11-0 to begin the 1953-54 season en route to a 23-3 overall mark.
- GW improves to 4-0 all-time against FIU, with all four victories coming in the last four years.
- Head coach Karl Hobbs won his 70th career game. His overall record is now 70-53 (.569).
- Senior Mike Hall has now scored in double-figures in all six games this season. He also posted his third straight double-double and the 20th of his career.
- With 15 points tonight, senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu moved into 34th on GW's all-time scoring list. He now has 1,047 career points.
- Trailing 12-8 in the first half, GW went on a 9-0 run between 12:07 and 10:18 (1:49) to take a 17-12 lead and never trailed the rest of the game.
- Senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu eclipsed his season-high with his 10th point at the 6:25 mark in the first half. He was the first player in the game to reach double-figures
- GW held FIU scoreless over a 5:46 period in the first half.
- In the first half, GW went on a 17-1 between 9:30 and 1:21 (8:09).
- Freshman Noel Wilmore set career-highs in points (6) and 3-pointers made (2).
- GW held FIU to 1-for-16 (6.3%) shooting from 3-point range, 0-for-8 in the second half. They came into the game shooting 29.2 % from long range.
- Senior Omar Williams had a season-high six assists.
- Junior Carl Elliott recorded his 150th career steal in the first half. He finished with two for the game to push his career total to 151.
GW Athletics Hosts Wounded Warrior Project
The Smith Center was used for a Health and Wellness weekend put on by WWP, GW coaches and staff
Men's Basketball Holds First Team Practice
The GW men’s basketball team on Monday ushered in the official start of preseason with its first team practice in the Charles E. Smith Center.
GW Fixture Ed McKee to be Honored by Alma Mater as an Outstanding Alumnus
As one of four Rockhurst University alumni that will be honored for their achievements in their professional lives and their contributions to their...
Granger eager for next challenge
Jack Granger’s willingness to tackle any challenge with a bounce in his step and a smile made him a good fit as a GW men’s basketball manager....
Men's Basketball Reveals Full 2017-18 Schedule
The GW men’s basketball team on Wednesday revealed its complete schedule for the 2017-18 season which will include home games with defending Atlantic...
Men's Basketball Announces Non-Conference Schedule
WASHINGTON -- Home contests with Miami, Princeton, and Harvard, along with the BB&T Classic vs. Temple and away from home clashes against the likes of...
Men's Basketball Alumni Weekend Reunites Past Colonials
Last weekend in the Charles E. Smith Center, Colonial greats from past and present gathered to rekindle old bonds and forge new ones at the first GW Men̵...
Men's Basketball to Face Xavier in Las Vegas Invitational
The Continental Tire Las Vegas Invitational has announced the matchups for this year’s event, and GW is set to face former Atlantic 10 foe Xavier in...