Dec. 8, 2005
Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
- The last time GW started the season 6-0 was the 1992-93 season. The Colonials started that season 7-0 and finished with a 21-9 record. GW's best start in school history is 11-0 to begin the 1953-54 season en route to a 23-3 overall mark.
- GW improves to 4-0 all-time against FIU, with all four victories coming in the last four years.
- Head coach Karl Hobbs won his 70th career game. His overall record is now 70-53 (.569).
- Senior Mike Hall has now scored in double-figures in all six games this season. He also posted his third straight double-double and the 20th of his career.
- With 15 points tonight, senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu moved into 34th on GW's all-time scoring list. He now has 1,047 career points.
- Trailing 12-8 in the first half, GW went on a 9-0 run between 12:07 and 10:18 (1:49) to take a 17-12 lead and never trailed the rest of the game.
- Senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu eclipsed his season-high with his 10th point at the 6:25 mark in the first half. He was the first player in the game to reach double-figures
- GW held FIU scoreless over a 5:46 period in the first half.
- In the first half, GW went on a 17-1 between 9:30 and 1:21 (8:09).
- Freshman Noel Wilmore set career-highs in points (6) and 3-pointers made (2).
- GW held FIU to 1-for-16 (6.3%) shooting from 3-point range, 0-for-8 in the second half. They came into the game shooting 29.2 % from long range.
- Senior Omar Williams had a season-high six assists.
- Junior Carl Elliott recorded his 150th career steal in the first half. He finished with two for the game to push his career total to 151.