Dec. 12, 2006
Men's Basketball 2006-07 Post-game Notes
UMBC vs. GW
12-12-06, Washington, DC (Smith Center)
FINAL SCORE: GW 72 , UMBC 51
- With the win, GW tied the all-time series between them and UMBC at two wins apiece
- GW extended their home winning streak to 19 games, good for sole possession of 5th best in the country
- Maureece Rice scored his 600th career point on a free throw with 3:51 remaining in the first half and finished with 22 points, his 8th straight game with double-figures in points
- Rice also notched a new career high with 10 rebounds; this marks his first career double-double
- Rice lead the team in scoring for the fifth time this season
- With his four assists tonight, Carl Elliott is now in 4th place on GW's all-time career assists list with 422; he passed John Holloran's mark of 421
- Diggs finished with 3 blocks and is on pace to finish with 72 in 28 games this season; the GW single-season record is 84 by Yinka Dare in 1992-93 (30 games)
- In the first half, GW had more 3-PT field goals (4) than UMBC did free-throw attempts (3)
- Cheyenne Moore saw the most playing time in a game this season, registering 10 minutes; he recorded new season highs in nearly every category, including points (10)
- The Colonials are now 5-2 when leading at halftime and 2-0 in games played after a loss
Men's Basketball Bounces Back vs. Bonnies
On the heels of a heartbreaker against conference front-runner VCU on Wednesday night, the GW men's basketball team needed to bounce quickly with Saint...
Men's Basketball Hosts St. Bonaventure for Homecoming on Saturday
As part of Homecoming Weekend, the GW men’s basketball team plays host to St. Bonaventure on Saturday at 4:30 p.m. in a nationally-televised game on...
Men's Basketball Stunned by VCU, 54-53
Yuta Watanabe and GW men's basketball were denied what would have been a game-winning three-pointer with .4 seconds on the clock after a foul was called on...
Men's Basketball to Whiteout VCU
The GW men’s basketball team looks to get back in the win column in front of its home fans on Wednesday evening vs. VCU in the Charles E. Smith Center,...
Men's Basketball Falls at Richmond, 84-75
On Saturday afternoon at Richmond's Robins Center, the George Washington men's basketball team battled back again and again over the game's final 20 minutes,...
Men's Basketball Returns to the Road to Face Richmond
After seeing its three-game winning streak end at the hands of Rhode Island on Tuesday, the GW men’s basketball team returns to the road on Saturday to...
Men's Basketball Falls Short at Rhode Island, 82-70
The George Washington men's basketball team entered Rhode Island's Ryan Center on Tuesday night as the winners of three straight to pull even at 4-4 in the...
Men's Basketball Hits the Road to Face Rhode Island
After winning its last three games in a row, the GW men’s basketball team begins a difficult stretch against three teams ahead of it in the conference ...