Dec. 17, 2005
No. 15/15 Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
12-17-05, vs. Maryland-Eastern Shore (Washington, DC; Smith Center)
Final Score: GW 98, UMES 72
- GW's 8-0 record to begin the season is its best start since opening the 1953-54 season 11-0.
- GW has won 14 straight games at home against non-conference opponents. Its last home non-conference loss came in 2002.
- Maryland-Eastern Shore is the third MEAC opponent GW has played this season.
- With 14 points today, senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu moved into 31st place on GW's all-time scoring list, passing GW Hall of Famer and former NBA referee Ronnie Nunn. He now has XX career points.
- Senior Mike Hall scored his 1,000th career point at the 19:11 mark in the second half on a three-pointer. He is the 37th player in GW history to reach the milestone.
- Junior Carl Elliott registered his 300th career assist at the 19:11 mark in the second half. He assisted senior Mike Hall on a three-pointer, which were his 999th, 1,000th and 1,001st career points.
- Leading 22-17, GW went on a 16-0 run in the first half between 11:43 and 7:41 (4:02) to pull away from the Hawks.
- Guard Jesse Brooks (UMES) fouled out at 12:22 mark in the second half.
- GW had five players score in double-figures for the second consecutive game and for the second time this season.
- Freshman Rob Diggs made his first career three-pointer at the XX mark in the second half. He also tied his career-high for points with six.
- GW shot a season-high 66.1% (37-for-56) from the field and a season-best 55.6% (5-for-9) from three-point range.
- GW had a season-high 28 assists.
- Freshman Montrell McDonald (GW) fouled out at the 4:48 mark in the second half.
- Junior Carl Elliott tied his season-high with seven assists.
GW Athletics Hosts Wounded Warrior Project
The Smith Center was used for a Health and Wellness weekend put on by WWP, GW coaches and staff
Men's Basketball Holds First Team Practice
The GW men’s basketball team on Monday ushered in the official start of preseason with its first team practice in the Charles E. Smith Center.
GW Fixture Ed McKee to be Honored by Alma Mater as an Outstanding Alumnus
As one of four Rockhurst University alumni that will be honored for their achievements in their professional lives and their contributions to their...
Granger eager for next challenge
Jack Granger’s willingness to tackle any challenge with a bounce in his step and a smile made him a good fit as a GW men’s basketball manager....
Men's Basketball Reveals Full 2017-18 Schedule
The GW men’s basketball team on Wednesday revealed its complete schedule for the 2017-18 season which will include home games with defending Atlantic...
Men's Basketball Announces Non-Conference Schedule
WASHINGTON -- Home contests with Miami, Princeton, and Harvard, along with the BB&T Classic vs. Temple and away from home clashes against the likes of...
Men's Basketball Alumni Weekend Reunites Past Colonials
Last weekend in the Charles E. Smith Center, Colonial greats from past and present gathered to rekindle old bonds and forge new ones at the first GW Men̵...
Men's Basketball to Face Xavier in Las Vegas Invitational
The Continental Tire Las Vegas Invitational has announced the matchups for this year’s event, and GW is set to face former Atlantic 10 foe Xavier in...