Dec. 17, 2005
No. 15/15 Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
12-17-05, vs. Maryland-Eastern Shore (Washington, DC; Smith Center)
Final Score: GW 98, UMES 72
- GW's 8-0 record to begin the season is its best start since opening the 1953-54 season 11-0.
- GW has won 14 straight games at home against non-conference opponents. Its last home non-conference loss came in 2002.
- Maryland-Eastern Shore is the third MEAC opponent GW has played this season.
- With 14 points today, senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu moved into 31st place on GW's all-time scoring list, passing GW Hall of Famer and former NBA referee Ronnie Nunn. He now has XX career points.
- Senior Mike Hall scored his 1,000th career point at the 19:11 mark in the second half on a three-pointer. He is the 37th player in GW history to reach the milestone.
- Junior Carl Elliott registered his 300th career assist at the 19:11 mark in the second half. He assisted senior Mike Hall on a three-pointer, which were his 999th, 1,000th and 1,001st career points.
- Leading 22-17, GW went on a 16-0 run in the first half between 11:43 and 7:41 (4:02) to pull away from the Hawks.
- Guard Jesse Brooks (UMES) fouled out at 12:22 mark in the second half.
- GW had five players score in double-figures for the second consecutive game and for the second time this season.
- Freshman Rob Diggs made his first career three-pointer at the XX mark in the second half. He also tied his career-high for points with six.
- GW shot a season-high 66.1% (37-for-56) from the field and a season-best 55.6% (5-for-9) from three-point range.
- GW had a season-high 28 assists.
- Freshman Montrell McDonald (GW) fouled out at the 4:48 mark in the second half.
- Junior Carl Elliott tied his season-high with seven assists.
Cavanaugh Named A-10 Co-Player of the Week
George Washington men's basketball forward Tyler Cavanaugh has been named the Atlantic 10 Co-Player of the Week, the league announced Monday.
Men's Basketball Bounces Back vs. Bonnies
On the heels of a heartbreaker against conference front-runner VCU on Wednesday night, the GW men's basketball team needed to bounce quickly with Saint...
Men's Basketball Hosts St. Bonaventure for Homecoming on Saturday
As part of Homecoming Weekend, the GW men’s basketball team plays host to St. Bonaventure on Saturday at 4:30 p.m. in a nationally-televised game on...
Men's Basketball Stunned by VCU, 54-53
Yuta Watanabe and GW men's basketball were denied what would have been a game-winning three-pointer with .4 seconds on the clock after a foul was called on...
Men's Basketball to Whiteout VCU
The GW men’s basketball team looks to get back in the win column in front of its home fans on Wednesday evening vs. VCU in the Charles E. Smith Center,...
Men's Basketball Falls at Richmond, 84-75
On Saturday afternoon at Richmond's Robins Center, the George Washington men's basketball team battled back again and again over the game's final 20 minutes,...
Men's Basketball Returns to the Road to Face Richmond
After seeing its three-game winning streak end at the hands of Rhode Island on Tuesday, the GW men’s basketball team returns to the road on Saturday to...
Men's Basketball Falls Short at Rhode Island, 82-70
The George Washington men's basketball team entered Rhode Island's Ryan Center on Tuesday night as the winners of three straight to pull even at 4-4 in the...