Dec. 17, 2005
No. 15/15 Men's Basketball 2005-06 Game Notes
- GW's 8-0 record to begin the season is its best start since opening the 1953-54 season 11-0.
- GW has won 14 straight games at home against non-conference opponents. Its last home non-conference loss came in 2002.
- Maryland-Eastern Shore is the third MEAC opponent GW has played this season.
- With 14 points today, senior Pops Mensah-Bonsu moved into 31st place on GW's all-time scoring list, passing GW Hall of Famer and former NBA referee Ronnie Nunn. He now has XX career points.
- Senior Mike Hall scored his 1,000th career point at the 19:11 mark in the second half on a three-pointer. He is the 37th player in GW history to reach the milestone.
- Junior Carl Elliott registered his 300th career assist at the 19:11 mark in the second half. He assisted senior Mike Hall on a three-pointer, which were his 999th, 1,000th and 1,001st career points.
- Leading 22-17, GW went on a 16-0 run in the first half between 11:43 and 7:41 (4:02) to pull away from the Hawks.
- Guard Jesse Brooks (UMES) fouled out at 12:22 mark in the second half.
- GW had five players score in double-figures for the second consecutive game and for the second time this season.
- Freshman Rob Diggs made his first career three-pointer at the XX mark in the second half. He also tied his career-high for points with six.
- GW shot a season-high 66.1% (37-for-56) from the field and a season-best 55.6% (5-for-9) from three-point range.
- GW had a season-high 28 assists.
- Freshman Montrell McDonald (GW) fouled out at the 4:48 mark in the second half.
- Junior Carl Elliott tied his season-high with seven assists.