GW Men's Basketball 2013-14: The Beginning of Something Special
Relive the Glory of 2013-14 and Get Ready to #RaiseHigh in 2014-15
July 7, 2014
Memorable. Unbelievable. Amazing. Big. Legendary.
The words used to describe the 100th season of GW men's basketball indicate that something special indeed happened in Foggy Bottom in 2013-14:
- GW's 24 wins equaled the second-most in the program's 100-season history and were the most of any area men's college basketball team
- GW made its 11th all-time NCAA Tournament appearance and was one of two local teams to make the Big Dance
- GW posted an 11-win turnaround from the 2012-13 season, tied for eighth-best in the nation
- GW's 14 wins at the Charles E. Smith Center were the second-most in the building's 38-year history
- GW's eight All-Atlantic 10 selections were the most in the conference in 2014
And that was just the Beginning.
GW men's basketball - with its four returning junior starters and heralded five-player freshman class - is back on campus for Summer Session and the Colonials are gearing up to make 2014-15 another special season in Foggy Bottom.
Make sure you're there to witness more history being made during the 2014-15 GW men's basketball season by securing your season tickets, which are on sale now.
New ticketing features include:
- Online season ticket renewal
- Online chat with fan service representatives regarding all ticketing options
- Virtual seating chart for season ticket purchasers to get an approximate view from seats
Along with season ticket renewals and new purchases, free tickets for the GW Alumni Class of 2014 and special discounted season tickets for GW faculty and staff and Young Alumni are also on sale.
Visit GWsports.com/Tickets or call 202-99-GWTIX and get ready to #RaiseHigh with GW men's basketball in 2014-15!
Men's Basketball Succumbs to Rhode Island, 81-60
WASHINGTON -- Hoping to stay above .500 overall and get back to a winning mark in conference play, the George Washington men’s basketball team knew it ...
Defense Key as Men's Basketball Hosts URI Saturday
Maurice Joseph isn’t joking around when he says he wants his GW men’s basketball team to lead the Atlantic 10 in home runs.
The Colonials borrow...
Men's Basketball Dropped by Duquesne
PITTSBURGH, Pa. -- After opening A-10 play with a win against Saint Joseph's and extending its winning streak to three games on Saturday, the George...
Men's Basketball Looks for Fourth Straight Win at Duquesne
TIPPING OFF: After closing 2017 with three straight victories, including the A-10 opener vs. Saint Joseph’s last Saturday, GW hits the road looking for...
Men's Basketball Opens Conference Play With a Win
WASHINGTON -- In the first game of Atlantic play and the final game of the calendar year, the George Washington men’s basketball team put together a...
Tested by Non-Conference Slate, Men's Basketball Eager for A-10 Play
The GW men’s basketball coach had no trouble finding clips to show his Colonials where they could bring more intensity early in games.
Steeves Named A-10 Co-Player of the Week
NEWPORT NEWS, Va. -- GW men's basketball forward Patrick Steeves has been named Atlantic 10 Co-Player of the Week, the league announced Tuesday.
'Twas the Game Before A-10 Season...
'Twas the game before A-10 season, and GW came in with a grin,
Knowing a record above .500 they'd own, with just one more win.
Six victories were hung up in...