GW Men's Basketball 2013-14: The Beginning of Something Special
Relive the Glory of 2013-14 and Get Ready to #RaiseHigh in 2014-15
July 7, 2014
Memorable. Unbelievable. Amazing. Big. Legendary.
The words used to describe the 100th season of GW men's basketball indicate that something special indeed happened in Foggy Bottom in 2013-14:
- GW's 24 wins equaled the second-most in the program's 100-season history and were the most of any area men's college basketball team
- GW made its 11th all-time NCAA Tournament appearance and was one of two local teams to make the Big Dance
- GW posted an 11-win turnaround from the 2012-13 season, tied for eighth-best in the nation
- GW's 14 wins at the Charles E. Smith Center were the second-most in the building's 38-year history
- GW's eight All-Atlantic 10 selections were the most in the conference in 2014
And that was just the Beginning.
GW men's basketball - with its four returning junior starters and heralded five-player freshman class - is back on campus for Summer Session and the Colonials are gearing up to make 2014-15 another special season in Foggy Bottom.
Make sure you're there to witness more history being made during the 2014-15 GW men's basketball season by securing your season tickets, which are on sale now.
New ticketing features include:
- Online season ticket renewal
- Online chat with fan service representatives regarding all ticketing options
- Virtual seating chart for season ticket purchasers to get an approximate view from seats
Along with season ticket renewals and new purchases, free tickets for the GW Alumni Class of 2014 and special discounted season tickets for GW faculty and staff and Young Alumni are also on sale.
Visit GWsports.com/Tickets or call 202-99-GWTIX and get ready to #RaiseHigh with GW men's basketball in 2014-15!
Men's Basketball Falls at Davidson, 74-63
After shutting down one of the nation's premier scoring duos in St. Bonaventure's Jaylen Adams and Matt Mobley last Saturday, the GW men's basketball team...
Men's Basketball Starts Road Swing at Davidson
The GW men’s basketball team sets out for a two-game road trip this week as it visits the Davidson Wildcats on Wednesday at 7pm in a game that will be ...
Cavanaugh Named A-10 Co-Player of the Week
George Washington men's basketball forward Tyler Cavanaugh has been named the Atlantic 10 Co-Player of the Week, the league announced Monday.
Men's Basketball Bounces Back vs. Bonnies
On the heels of a heartbreaker against conference front-runner VCU on Wednesday night, the GW men's basketball team needed to bounce quickly with Saint...
Men's Basketball Hosts St. Bonaventure for Homecoming on Saturday
As part of Homecoming Weekend, the GW men’s basketball team plays host to St. Bonaventure on Saturday at 4:30 p.m. in a nationally-televised game on...
Men's Basketball Stunned by VCU, 54-53
Yuta Watanabe and GW men's basketball were denied what would have been a game-winning three-pointer with .4 seconds on the clock after a foul was called on...
Men's Basketball to Whiteout VCU
The GW men’s basketball team looks to get back in the win column in front of its home fans on Wednesday evening vs. VCU in the Charles E. Smith Center,...
Men's Basketball Falls at Richmond, 84-75
On Saturday afternoon at Richmond's Robins Center, the George Washington men's basketball team battled back again and again over the game's final 20 minutes,...