GW Men's Basketball 2013-14: The Beginning of Something Special
Relive the Glory of 2013-14 and Get Ready to #RaiseHigh in 2014-15
July 7, 2014
Memorable. Unbelievable. Amazing. Big. Legendary.
The words used to describe the 100th season of GW men's basketball indicate that something special indeed happened in Foggy Bottom in 2013-14:
- GW's 24 wins equaled the second-most in the program's 100-season history and were the most of any area men's college basketball team
- GW made its 11th all-time NCAA Tournament appearance and was one of two local teams to make the Big Dance
- GW posted an 11-win turnaround from the 2012-13 season, tied for eighth-best in the nation
- GW's 14 wins at the Charles E. Smith Center were the second-most in the building's 38-year history
- GW's eight All-Atlantic 10 selections were the most in the conference in 2014
And that was just the Beginning.
GW men's basketball - with its four returning junior starters and heralded five-player freshman class - is back on campus for Summer Session and the Colonials are gearing up to make 2014-15 another special season in Foggy Bottom.
Make sure you're there to witness more history being made during the 2014-15 GW men's basketball season by securing your season tickets, which are on sale now.
New ticketing features include:
- Online season ticket renewal
- Online chat with fan service representatives regarding all ticketing options
- Virtual seating chart for season ticket purchasers to get an approximate view from seats
Along with season ticket renewals and new purchases, free tickets for the GW Alumni Class of 2014 and special discounted season tickets for GW faculty and staff and Young Alumni are also on sale.
Visit GWsports.com/Tickets or call 202-99-GWTIX and get ready to #RaiseHigh with GW men's basketball in 2014-15!
Men's Basketball Signs Three to Letters of Intent
WASHINGTON – GW men’s basketball head coach Maurice Joseph announced on Thursday the signing of Shandon Brown, Marcus Littles and Mezie Offurum...
Why I Chose GW
The recruiting process was quite the wake-up call.
I encountered people that I quickly found out only wanted me because of my ability to put a ball in a...
Bolden Ready for Bigger Role as GW Opens Season Friday
Sometime in the countdown to Friday’s season opener against Howard, George Washington head coach Maurice Joseph will pull Jair Bolden aside. “Blu...
Cavanaugh Makes NBA Debut with Atlanta Hawks
Former GW men’s basketball star Tyler Cavanaugh made his NBA debut on Sunday as the Atlanta Hawks took a 117-115 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Men's Basketball Handles Fairmont State in Exhibition, 86-63
In a billing that pitted GW freshman guard Justin Mazzulla against his older brother Joe in his coaching debut for Fairmont State, the little brother saw his...
Mazzullas to Clash as Colonials Host Fighting Falcons on Saturday
Justin Mazzulla is a morning person. Not that he didn't need a little help to get there.
Men's Basketball Focused on Learning, Growth in Preseason
Something was missing.
GW Athletics Unveils Hall of Fame Class of 2018
The George Washington University Department of Athletics and Recreation proudly unveiled during Colonials Weekend eight individuals who will comprise the GW ...