GW Men's Basketball 2013-14: The Beginning of Something Special
Relive the Glory of 2013-14 and Get Ready to #RaiseHigh in 2014-15
July 7, 2014
Memorable. Unbelievable. Amazing. Big. Legendary.
The words used to describe the 100th season of GW men's basketball indicate that something special indeed happened in Foggy Bottom in 2013-14:
- GW's 24 wins equaled the second-most in the program's 100-season history and were the most of any area men's college basketball team
- GW made its 11th all-time NCAA Tournament appearance and was one of two local teams to make the Big Dance
- GW posted an 11-win turnaround from the 2012-13 season, tied for eighth-best in the nation
- GW's 14 wins at the Charles E. Smith Center were the second-most in the building's 38-year history
- GW's eight All-Atlantic 10 selections were the most in the conference in 2014
And that was just the Beginning.
GW men's basketball - with its four returning junior starters and heralded five-player freshman class - is back on campus for Summer Session and the Colonials are gearing up to make 2014-15 another special season in Foggy Bottom.
Make sure you're there to witness more history being made during the 2014-15 GW men's basketball season by securing your season tickets, which are on sale now.
New ticketing features include:
- Online season ticket renewal
- Online chat with fan service representatives regarding all ticketing options
- Virtual seating chart for season ticket purchasers to get an approximate view from seats
Along with season ticket renewals and new purchases, free tickets for the GW Alumni Class of 2014 and special discounted season tickets for GW faculty and staff and Young Alumni are also on sale.
Visit GWsports.com/Tickets or call 202-99-GWTIX and get ready to #RaiseHigh with GW men's basketball in 2014-15!
Men’s Basketball Brings Aboard Bo Zeigler
The GW men’s basketball team has bolstered its frontcourt for the 2017-18 season with the addition of graduate transfer forward Bo Zeigler, who...
Ten Colonials Competing in Kenner League
Play commenced in the 2017 Nike Pro City Jabbo Kenner Summer League last weekend with 10 GW men’s basketball players suiting up alongside some of the...
DJ Williams Joins Men's Basketball
D.J. Williams, a former top-100 recruit out of Chicago who spent the past two seasons at the University of Illinois, has joined the GW men’s basketball...
Cavanaugh to Play for Atlanta Hawks in Summer League
WASHINGTON -- Former GW star forward Tyler Cavanaugh has found a summer league home with the Atlanta Hawks.
Watanabe Hard at Work Preparing for Senior Season
After the GW men’s basketball team’s season ended in March, junior Yuta Watanabe had an important decision to make.
Raise High 'Cast: Patricio Garino
On episode two of the Raise High 'Cast, the official podcast of GW Athletics, former GW star Patricio Garino joins David Earl to talk about a whirlwind past ...
Men's Basketball Signs Javier Langarica
The GW men’s basketball program looks to further a long history of success with international players with the signing of Javier Langarica, a 6-foot-9 ...
Catching up with Tyler Cavanaugh
In the past seven weeks, Tyler Cavanaugh has completed pre-draft workouts with 13 NBA teams as the former GW star looks to begin his path towards making an...