Men's Swimming & Diving Places Second at FIU Fall Classic
Max Forstenhaeusler led the Colonials on Saturday
NORTH MIAMI, Fla. - Max Forstenhaeusler won the 100-yard freestyle and anchored a victory in the 400-yard freestyle relay Saturday to help George Washington men's swimming and diving finish second at the FIU Fall Classic.
The Colonials compiled 485 points over two days at Biscayne Bay Aquatic Center, finishing 20 points back of champion Grand Canyon.
- Forstenhaeusler finished his solo win in 46.14 seconds and then swam a great final leg of the relay to push the Colonials past Army and Grand Canyon in a close race. The sophomore from Germany also won the B final of the 200-yard individual medley.
- Tommi Wolst capped a strong debut meet as a Colonial by finishing second in the 200-yard IM and third in the 200-yard breaststroke.
- Jake Ortiz placed second Saturday in the 3-meter diving competition, following up his Friday win of the 1-meter B flight.
- Gustav Hokfelt (200 back) and Moritz Fath (200 fly) notched fourth-place individual finishes Saturday and also contributed to the relay victory. Hokfelt also was part of a second-place 200-yard medley relay team with Wolst, Pone and Alex Auster.
- Emils Pone won the B final of the 200-yard back, his third such win of the meet.
WATCH THIS: Hear from Head Coach James Winchester, Diving Coach Anthony Crowder, Forstenhaeusler and Auster after the FIU Fall Classic.
-- GW Swimming & Diving (@GWSwimDive) October 7, 2017
Swimming & Diving Heads to A-10 Championships
George Washington swimming and diving heads to the Atlantic 10 Championships this week, looking to continue the program's recent rise. The meet runs from...
After helping GW capture its first Mid-Atlantic Water Polo Conference title in the fall, Pyrch has found another use for that speed. The junior from Texas...
'Trust the Process. Work for the Family'
Nicolas Reeves of GW men's swimming and diving is spending the school year studying Arabic as a Boren Scholar in Amman, Jordan. As a sophomore last season,...
Arendes, Nachtwey Earn A-10 Rookie Honors
George Washington swimming and diving swept Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week honors Tuesday with divers Gabriella Arendes and Peter Nachtwey both recognized....
Men's Swimming & Diving Cruises on Senior Day
George Washington men's swimming and diving produced eight different individual winners and claimed both relays Saturday in knocking off Old Dominion, 181.5-...
Atherley, Wolst Claim A-10 Weekly Honors
George Washington’s Gemma Atherley and Tommi Wolst have been named Atlantic 10 Swimming and Diving Performers of the Week. The Colonials swept the...
Men's Swimming & Diving Sweeps Local Foes
George Washington men’s swimming and diving set three pool records Saturday at Reeves Aquatic Center en route to a sweep of American and Georgetown.
Swimming & Diving Set for Crosstown Showdown
George Washington swimming and diving returns from winter break Saturday, traveling across town to American’s Reeves Aquatic Center to square off...