Men's Swimming & Diving Sinks Davidson
GW's Tommi Wolst was a triple winner
WASHINGTON - Three individual wins from Tommi Wolst helped power George Washington men's swimming and diving to a 169-124 victory over Davidson on Saturday morning at Charles E. Smith Center Pool.
Wolst took first in the 100-yard breaststroke, 100-yard butterfly and 200-yard individual medley and also swam a leg on the winning 200-yard medley relay team to help the Colonials take down the Wildcats.
- Wolst continues to show his versatility by winning a variety of events. The Cleveland State transfer has won all seven of his individual races in dual meet competition this season.
- Pone led GW's strong showing in the two backstroke races. The sophomore won the 100-yard backstroke in 51.18 seconds to narrowly edge teammate Andrew Cho. That pair went 1-2 in the 200-yard backstroke, as well, with Pone winning in 1:51.98.
Pone also placed second in the 200-yard individual medley behind Wolst and swam a leg in GW's winning 200-yard medley relay victory.
- Fath won both distance races against Davidson. The sophomore won the 1,000-yard freestyle in 9:38.46, beating Davidson's Crossan Cooper by about a second in a thrilling finish.
- GW claimed all the available diving points. Peter Nachtwey won on the 1-meter board (290.93), while Jake Ortiz triumphed in the 3-meter competition (306.30).
- GW won both relays. Cho, Wolst, Pone and Patrick Lersch combined on the 200 medley relay, while Lersch, Cho, Youssef Ragab and Alexander Auster teamed up for the 400-yard freestyle relay.
-- GW Swimming & Diving (@GWSwimDive) November 4, 2017
Hokfelt Drops Record at NCAA Swimming & Diving Championships
George Washington's Gustav Hokfelt broke his own Atlantic 10 and program record in the 100-yard backstroke Friday at the NCAA Swimming and Diving...
Hokfelt Begins NCAA Swimming & Diving Championships
George Washington’s Gustav Hokfelt made his debut at the NCAA Swimming & Diving Championships on Thursday by finishing 51st in the 50-yard freestyle....
Immediately following one of the most important swims of his life, Gustav Hokfelt knew he'd accomplished his goal.
Swimming & Diving Lands Five on A-10 All-Academic Teams
George Washington swimming and diving was well represented on the Atlantic 10 All-Academic Teams, released Monday.
Colonial of the Week Presented by Capgemini: Max Forstenhaeusler & Emily Zhang
Max Forstenhaeusler and Emily Zhang headlined an impressive performance for George Washington swimming and diving last week at the CSCAA National...
Men's Swimming & Diving Finishes Runner-Up at CSCAA National Invitational
George Washington men’s swimming and diving showcased its capability on the national stage, finishing runner-up at the CSCAA National Invitational...
Men's Swimming & Diving Holds Lead at CSCAA National Invitational
George Washington men’s swimming and diving claimed its first gold medal of the CSCAA National Invitational Championship on Friday night with a win in ...
Men’s Swimming & Diving Leads at CSCAA National Invitational
George Washington men’s swimming and diving picked up a bronze medal in the 200-yard freestyle relay Thursday, highlighting a strong opening day at the...