Men's Swimming & Diving Sits Second at Magnus Cup
Peter Nachtwey's diving win lifted Colonials on Friday
CLEVELAND - Peter Nachtwey's win on the 3-meter diving board Friday highlighted a strong start for George Washington men's swimming and diving at the Magnus Cup Invitational.
The Colonials sit in second place out of 10 teams with 361.5 points after the first of three days at Robert F. Busbey Natatorium. Host Cleveland State (505.5) leads the pack.
- Nachtwey posted a score of 311.30 to earn his diving win. Teammates Jake Ortiz (third), Nick Tomcyzk (fifth) and Nathan Hayward (eighth) also made the A final in the event.
- Tommi Wolst picked up a pair of individual runner-up finishes. The transfer from Cleveland State placed second in the 50-yard breaststroke (26.12 seconds) and also in 200-yard individual medley (1:51.84). The Colonials had an impressive showing in the 200 IM with Emils Pone also taking third and Max Forstenhaeusler fifth.
- GW was third in the meet-opening 200-yard freestyle relay. Hokfelt, Forstenhaeusler, Auster and Patrick Lersch finished in 1:24.22.
- Moritz Fath finished fourth in the 500-yard freestyle in 4:32.43.
- Auster also grabbed an individual fourth-place finish in the 50-yard freestyle in 21.08 seconds.
WATCH THIS: Head Coach James Winchester and Nachtwey discuss the opening day of the Magnus Cup Invitational.
-- GW Swimming & Diving (@GWSwimDive) November 18, 2017
Hokfelt Invited to NCAA Swimming & Diving Championships
George Washington’s Gustav Hokfelt has been invited to compete at the NCAA Men’s Swimming & Diving Championships, which will be held later this...
Nachtwey Caps Diving Season at NCAA Zone A Championships
George Washington’s Peter Nachtwey closed the NCAA Zone A Championships strong on Wednesday with a 12th-place finish on platform.
Swimming & Diving Set for CSCAA National Invitational Championship
George Washington is set to send 15 swimmers to the CSCAA National Invitational Championship, which runs Thursday through Saturday at Navy’s Lejeune...
Divers Continue at NCAA Zone Championships
Jake Ortiz led GW’s divers Tuesday at the NCAA Zone A Championships.
Divers Underway at NCAA Zone Championships
GW’s Peter Nachtwey, Jake Ortiz and Nick Tomczyk got started Monday at the NCAA Zone A Diving Championships.
Three Divers Ready for NCAA Zones
George Washington’s Peter Nachtwey, Jake Ortiz and Nick Tomczyk are set to compete at the 2018 NCAA Zone A Diving Championships, starting Monday at...
Colonial of the Week Presented by Capgemini: Gustav Hokfelt
Hokfelt was named Most Outstanding Performer at the Atlantic 10 Championships after winning seven total gold medals to help GW men's swimming and diving...
Men's Swimming & Diving Repeats as A-10 Champion
George Washington is the Atlantic 10 men’s swimming and diving champion again. The Colonials clinched their second consecutive conference title...