Men's Swimming & Diving Takes Third at Magnus Cup
Tommi Wolst and Gustav Hokfelt notched wins Sunday
Wolst claimed victory in the 100-yard individual medley (50.98 seconds), closing a strong weekend at Robert F. Busbey Natatorium. The Cleveland State transfer finished sixth or better in six different individual events over three days in his former home pool.
Hokfelt finished first in the 50-yard backstroke (23.36 seconds), following up a Saturday win in the 100-yard backstroke.
Overall, GW placed third out of 10 teams with 993.5 points. Host Cleveland State won the title (1,432 points), ahead of second-place Xavier.
- Wolst was also sixth Sunday in the 100-yard freestyle. He finished just ahead of teammate Patrick Lersch, who placed eighth.
- In his 100 IM win, Wolst had to beat out two teammates in the A final. Charley Sturgeon finished eighth and Josh Monacelli got ninth.
- Cho put together a pair of strong backstroke swims. The junior was fifth in the 50 back behind Hokfelt and also won the B final of the 200 back.
- Pone made his fourth A final of the weekend, finishing seventh in the 200 back.
- Fath placed ninth in the 1,650-yard freestyle to open Sunday's competition, touching in 16:11.34.
- Alexander Auster tied for first in the B final of the 50-yard butterfly (23.82 seconds). The junior also placed 14th in the 100 free.
-- GW Swimming & Diving (@GWSwimDive) November 20, 2017
Swimming & Diving Represented at NCAA Inclusion Forum
George Washington swimming and diving head coach James Winchester and junior Alexander Auster were in Indianapolis last weekend to attend the NCAA Inclusion ...
Hokfelt Qualifies for European Swimming Championships
Fresh off his NCAA Championships appearance, George Washington senior Gustav Hokfelt turned in a terrific performance over the weekend at the Stockholm Open ...
James Winchester Resigns as GW Swimming & Diving Head Coach
James Winchester has resigned as head coach of the George Washington swimming and diving teams to take the same position at TCU.
Hokfelt Wraps NCAA Swimming & Diving Championships
George Washington’s Gustav Hokfelt closed his decorated collegiate career Saturday with a 36th-place finish in the 200-yard backstroke at the NCAA...
Hokfelt Drops Record at NCAA Swimming & Diving Championships
George Washington's Gustav Hokfelt broke his own Atlantic 10 and program record in the 100-yard backstroke Friday at the NCAA Swimming and Diving...
Hokfelt Begins NCAA Swimming & Diving Championships
George Washington’s Gustav Hokfelt made his debut at the NCAA Swimming & Diving Championships on Thursday by finishing 51st in the 50-yard freestyle....
Immediately following one of the most important swims of his life, Gustav Hokfelt knew he'd accomplished his goal.
Swimming & Diving Lands Five on A-10 All-Academic Teams
George Washington swimming and diving was well represented on the Atlantic 10 All-Academic Teams, released Monday.