Men's Swimming & Diving Takes Third at Magnus Cup
Tommi Wolst and Gustav Hokfelt notched wins Sunday
Wolst claimed victory in the 100-yard individual medley (50.98 seconds), closing a strong weekend at Robert F. Busbey Natatorium. The Cleveland State transfer finished sixth or better in six different individual events over three days in his former home pool.
Hokfelt finished first in the 50-yard backstroke (23.36 seconds), following up a Saturday win in the 100-yard backstroke.
Overall, GW placed third out of 10 teams with 993.5 points. Host Cleveland State won the title (1,432 points), ahead of second-place Xavier.
- Wolst was also sixth Sunday in the 100-yard freestyle. He finished just ahead of teammate Patrick Lersch, who placed eighth.
- In his 100 IM win, Wolst had to beat out two teammates in the A final. Charley Sturgeon finished eighth and Josh Monacelli got ninth.
- Cho put together a pair of strong backstroke swims. The junior was fifth in the 50 back behind Hokfelt and also won the B final of the 200 back.
- Pone made his fourth A final of the weekend, finishing seventh in the 200 back.
- Fath placed ninth in the 1,650-yard freestyle to open Sunday's competition, touching in 16:11.34.
- Alexander Auster tied for first in the B final of the 50-yard butterfly (23.82 seconds). The junior also placed 14th in the 100 free.
-- GW Swimming & Diving (@GWSwimDive) November 20, 2017
Swimming & Diving Lands Five on A-10 All-Academic Teams
George Washington swimming and diving was well represented on the Atlantic 10 All-Academic Teams, released Monday.
Colonial of the Week Presented by Capgemini: Max Forstenhaeusler & Emily Zhang
Max Forstenhaeusler and Emily Zhang headlined an impressive performance for George Washington swimming and diving last week at the CSCAA National...
Men's Swimming & Diving Finishes Runner-Up at CSCAA National Invitational
George Washington men’s swimming and diving showcased its capability on the national stage, finishing runner-up at the CSCAA National Invitational...
Men's Swimming & Diving Holds Lead at CSCAA National Invitational
George Washington men’s swimming and diving claimed its first gold medal of the CSCAA National Invitational Championship on Friday night with a win in ...
Men’s Swimming & Diving Leads at CSCAA National Invitational
George Washington men’s swimming and diving picked up a bronze medal in the 200-yard freestyle relay Thursday, highlighting a strong opening day at the...
Hokfelt Invited to NCAA Swimming & Diving Championships
George Washington’s Gustav Hokfelt has been invited to compete at the NCAA Men’s Swimming & Diving Championships, which will be held later this...
Nachtwey Caps Diving Season at NCAA Zone A Championships
George Washington’s Peter Nachtwey closed the NCAA Zone A Championships strong on Wednesday with a 12th-place finish on platform.
Swimming & Diving Set for CSCAA National Invitational Championship
George Washington is set to send 15 swimmers to the CSCAA National Invitational Championship, which runs Thursday through Saturday at Navy’s Lejeune...