Men's Swimming & Diving Takes Third at Magnus Cup
Tommi Wolst and Gustav Hokfelt notched wins Sunday
Wolst claimed victory in the 100-yard individual medley (50.98 seconds), closing a strong weekend at Robert F. Busbey Natatorium. The Cleveland State transfer finished sixth or better in six different individual events over three days in his former home pool.
Hokfelt finished first in the 50-yard backstroke (23.36 seconds), following up a Saturday win in the 100-yard backstroke.
Overall, GW placed third out of 10 teams with 993.5 points. Host Cleveland State won the title (1,432 points), ahead of second-place Xavier.
- Wolst was also sixth Sunday in the 100-yard freestyle. He finished just ahead of teammate Patrick Lersch, who placed eighth.
- In his 100 IM win, Wolst had to beat out two teammates in the A final. Charley Sturgeon finished eighth and Josh Monacelli got ninth.
- Cho put together a pair of strong backstroke swims. The junior was fifth in the 50 back behind Hokfelt and also won the B final of the 200 back.
- Pone made his fourth A final of the weekend, finishing seventh in the 200 back.
- Fath placed ninth in the 1,650-yard freestyle to open Sunday's competition, touching in 16:11.34.
- Alexander Auster tied for first in the B final of the 50-yard butterfly (23.82 seconds). The junior also placed 14th in the 100 free.
-- GW Swimming & Diving (@GWSwimDive) November 20, 2017
Hokfelt, Ortiz Notch Magnus Cup Wins Saturday
Gustav Hokfelt and Jake Ortiz picked up individual wins Saturday as George Washington men’s swimming and diving continued its stay at the Magnus Cup...
Men's Swimming & Diving Sits Second at Magnus Cup
Peter Nachtwey’s win on the 3-meter diving board Friday highlighted a strong start for George Washington men’s swimming at the Magnus Cup...
Swimming & Diving Heads to Magnus Cup Invitational
George Washington swimming and diving is set for the sixth annual Magnus Cup Invitational, which begins Friday at Cleveland State’s Robert F. Busbey...
Wolst, Nachtwey Claim A-10 Weekly Honors
Tommi Wolst and Peter Nachtwey were honored by the Atlantic 10 on Tuesday for their performances in last weekend’s win over Davidson.
Colonial of the Week Presented by Capgemini: Tommi Wolst
Wolst helped George Washington men's swimming and diving stay perfect in dual meet competition, going unbeaten in Saturday's 169-124 win over Atlantic 10 foe...
Men's Swimming & Diving Sinks Davidson
Three individual wins from Tommi Wolst helped power George Washington men’s swimming and diving to a 169-124 victory over Davidson on Saturday morning ...
Swimming & Diving to Host Davidson
George Washington swimming and diving is back at Charles E. Smith Center Pool on Saturday, hosting Atlantic 10 foe Davidson at 10 a.m.
Nachtwey Honored by A-10 Again
Peter Nachtwey of George Washington men's swimming and diving has garnered Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week honors for the second time.