Men's Tennis Handled by Princeton, 6-1
Hane Wins at Number One Singles
Feb. 22, 2003
WASHINGTON, DC - The GW Men's Tennis team lost to Princeton, 6-1, in Princeton, NJ on Saturday, February 22. The defeat drops the Colonials record to 3-4 on the year, while Princeton improved to 7-3.
Junior Matt Hane (Walterboro, SC/Porter-Gaud School) managed the only victory for the Colonials by defeating Trevor Smith at number one singles, 4-6, 6-1, 6-2. Both sophomore Jake Jopling (Wexford, PA/North Allegheny) and freshman Marius Weigert (Hamburg, Germany/ESI International Academy) took the first set of their matches, but were unable to close them out.
The Colonials will look to even up their record this Friday, February 28 at the Mount Vernon Tennis Facility in Washington, D.C. at 12:00 p.m.
1. Hane (GW) def. Smith (P), 4-6, 6-1, 6-2
2. Burman (P) def. Treadgold (GW), 6-0, 7-5
3. Craton (P) def. Jopling (GW), 3-6, 6-3, 6-3
4. Friedman (P) def. Weigert (GW), 3-6, 6-2, 6-4
5. Lieu (P) def. Warner (GW), 6-2, 6-1
6. Morales (P) def. Sucoll (GW), 6-4, 6-4
1. Smith/Burman (P) def. Hane/Treadgold (GW), 9-8
2. Craton/Friedman (P) def. Weigert/Jopling (GW), 8-2
3. Morales/Goswami (P) def. Warner/Rogers (GW), 8-3
Men's Tennis to Wrap Fall at Dick Vitale Invite
WASHINGTON - Senior Julius Tverijonas and junior Chris Reynolds will represent the George Washington men's tennis squad at the Lakewood Ranch Dick Vitale...
@GWMensTennis Ends Run at ITA Regionals
Tverijonas Falls in Singles Round of 16
GW Men's Tennis Posts Perfect Day of Singles on Saturday
Colonials Continue Regional Play
GW Men's Tennis Begins ITA Regional Play
Colonials Grab Pair of Doubles Wins on Friday
@GWMensTennis Set for ITA Atlantic Regionals
Colonials Head to Virginia Tech for Annual Tournament
Tverijonas Closes Play at ITA All-Americans on Friday
Senior Falls in Consolation Action
Tverijonas Falls in Main Draw Action on Thursday
Senior to Begin Consolation Play
Tverijonas Advances to Main Draw at ITA All-Americans
GW Men's Tennis Senior Grabs Two Wins on Tuesday