Men's Tennis Bounces Back to Trump Temple
March 18, 2010
PHILADELPHIA- George Washington men's tennis team collected its third victory over an Atlantic 10 opponent today when the Colonials defeated the Temple Owls, 5-2.
Levinksi, in his No. 2 singles match, was able to bounce back from a tough first set to defeat Kasper Rams, 5-7, 6-3, 6-2.
Erik Hannah also faced a tough three-set match-up in his No. 3 singles match against Dmitry Vizhunov. Hannah won the first set 7-6 (4), dropped the second set 2-6, and was able to outlast Vixhunov, winning 6-1 in the third set for the deciding point for GW's team victory.
Kushma and Vayghan carried their hot streak into the singles action in back-to-back matches. Both won their matches in straight sets over tough Temple opponents.
The Colonials return to the Mount Vernon Tennis Facility to host Richmond at 11 a.m. and St. John's at 2:00 p.m. Sunday, March 21.
1. F. Rams (T) def. Atalay (GW) 6-3, 6-2
2. Levinski (GW) def. K. Rams (T) 5-7, 6-3, 6-2
3. Hannah (GW) def. Vizhunov (T) 7-6(4), 2-6, 6-1
4. Kushma (GW) def. Morozov (T) 6-2, 6-4
5. Stekolshikov (T) def. Blumenfeld (GW) 2-6, 6-2, 10-6
6. Vayghan (GW) def. Gishkaev (T) 6-3, 6-0