March 29, 2004
WASHINGTON, DC - The George Washington men's tennis team improved its record to 11-6 with two victories over the weekend. The Colonials had no trouble with Duquesne on Friday, March 26, defeating the Dukes, 7-0, behind singles and doubles victories from seniors Matt Hane (Walterboro, SC/Porter-Gaud) and Brett Warner (Vienna, Va/James Madison), juniors Matt Treadgold (Glenmont, NY/Bethlehem Central) and Jake Jopling (Wexford, VA/North Allegheny) and freshman Daniel Raisbeck (Bogota, Colombia/Gulliver Prep).
GW kept it going against Radford on Saturday, March 27 with a 4-1 victory. Hane and Jopling both won their singles and doubles matches. The match was halted after the Colonials won the decisive point at number three singles.
The Colonials will travel to Olean, NY on Saturday, April 3 to take on St. Bonaventure.
1. Matt Hane (GW) def. Devon Peightal (D), 6-2, 6-2
2. Matt Treadgold (GW) def. Rodrigo Lacayo (D), 6-3, 6-2
3. Jake Jopling (GW) def. Rob Ojeda (D), 6-0, 6-1
4. Daniel Raisbeck (GW) def. Robbie Schirripa (D), 6-1, 6-0
5. Will Timmons (GW) def. Mike Belmonte (D), 6-1, 6-0
6. Brett Warner (Gw) def. Joe Esposito (D), 6-2, 7-5
1. Hane/Jopling (GW) def. Peightal/Lacayo (D), 8-4
2. Warner/Raisbeck (GW) def. Ojeda/Shirripa (D), 8-4
3. Treadgold/Balke (GW) def. Belmonte/Esposito (D), 8-3
1. Matt Hane (GW) def. B. Johnson (R), 6-4, 6-2
2. Matt Treadgold (GW) def. A. Vasarevic (R), 6-1, 6-4
3. Jake Jopling (GW) def. A. Cavaco (R), 7-5, 6-2
4. Daniel Raisbeck (GW) lost to J. Arhammar (R), 2-6, 0-6
5. Will Timmons (GW) vs. R. Mengisteab (R), DNF
6. Brett Warner (GW) vs. D. Soeur (R), DNF
1. Hane/Jopling (GW) def. Johnson/Soer (R), 8-3
2. Warner/Raisbeck (GW) def. Cavaco/Vasarevic (R), 8-5
3. Treadgold/Balke (GW) lost to Arhammar/Mengisteab (R), 5-8