Men's Tennis Falls to St. Bonaventure, 4-3, in Regular Season Finale
April 4, 2005
MONTCLAIR, VA - The George Washington University men's tennis team dropped an Atlantic 10 Conference match to St. Bonaventure, 4-3, on Saturday, April 2, at the Montclair Country Club in the squad's regular season finale.
In doubles play, senior Daniel Raisbeck (Bogota, Colombia) and sophomore Daniel Balke (Portage, MI) earned the Colonials' lone win at the third spot with an 8-4 triumph over Antonio Farias and Dejan Stankovic.
Trailing 1-0 heading into singles action, seniors Matt Treadgold (Glenmont, NY) and Jake Jopling (Wexford, PA), and junior Will Timmons (Greenville, SC) all notched victories to lead GW. Treadgold won in straight sets, 6-4, 6-4 over Alejandro Nery at second singles, while Jopling topped Nikhil Murali, 6-3, 6-3 at the third position. Timmons, meanwhile, also won in straight sets, 6-2, 6-3 at No. 6 over Sajeel Qureshi.
GW (7-9) returns to action when it travels to Pittsburgh, PA, for the 2005 Atlantic 10 Men's Tennis Championship, Thursday, April 7 through Saturday, April 9.St. Bonaventure 4, GW 3
1. Arce/Murali (SB) def. Treadgold/Jopling (GW), 9-7
2. Hart/Nery (SB) def. Gencsoy/Salyer (GW), 8-6
3. Raisbeck/Balke (GW) def. Farias and Stankovic (SB), 8-4
1. Arce (SB) def. Mustafa Gencsoy (GW), 6-2, 6-3
2. Matt Treadgold (GW) def. Nery (SB), 6-4, 6-4
3. Jake Jopling (GW) def. Murali (SB), 6-3, 6-3
4. Hart (SB) def. Sam Salyer (GW), 7-5, 6-3
5. Stankovic (SB) def. Elliott Daniels (GW), 6-4, 6-4
6. Will Timmons (GW) def. Sajeel Qureshi (SB), 6-2, 6-3