GW Hosts Athletics Alumni Events This Week as Part of Alumni Weekend
15 Teams Hosting Events During Annual Alumni Weekend
Sept. 29, 2009
WASHINGTON, DC - The George Washington Department of Athletics will host several events for athletic alumni during the University's annual Alumni Weekend this Friday, Oct. 2 through Sunday, Oct. 4, highlighted by the GW Athletics Reunion Celebration at 1957 E Street NW on Friday evening.
For more information about Athletic Alumni events, please contact individual sport coaches (Directory) or Ed McKee, Director of Athletic Development, at 202-222-5424.
Athletics Alumni Weekend Schedule of Events
Friday, Oct. 2
- GW Women's Soccer vs. Saint Joseph's - 4:00 pm, Mount Vernon Field
- GW Baseball - 5:00-7:00 pm, Reception at Charles E. Smith Center Conference Room
- GW Volleyball - 5:00-7:00 pm, Sideout Club and Volleyball Alumni Reception, Charles E. Smith Center Auxiliary Gym
- GW Volleyball vs. Rhode Island, 7:00 pm - First home event in newly renovated Charles E. Smith Center
- GW Athletics Reunion Celebration - 8:30 pm, 1957 E Street NW
Saturday, Oct. 3
- GW Men's & Women's Rowing - 9:00 am, Meet and Greet Breakfast, GW Boathouse
- GW Men's & Women's Swimming - 10:00 am-12:00 pm, Buff & Blue Alumni Swim in newly renovated Charles E. Smith Center Pool; 12:00-2:00 pm, Reception, Charles E. Smith Center Conference Room
- GW Women's Tennis - 11:00 am-1:00 pm, Alumna Tournament, Mount Vernon Tennis Complex
- GW Men's & Women's Soccer - 11:00 am-1:00 pm, Annual Alumni Game, Mount Vernon Field
- GW Men's & Women's Basketball - 2:00-3:00 pm, Charles E. Smith Center Open House Tour with Coach Hobbs and Coach Bozeman
- GW Women's Lacrosse - 2:00 pm, Alumni Game, Mount Vernon Field; 7:00 pm, Reception at Old Glory American Barbecue, 3139 M Street NW
- GW Gymnastics - 2:00-5:00 pm, Charles E. Smith Center Tour and Reception at Tonic Restaurant, 21st and G Sts. NW
- GW Men's & Women's Cross Country - 5:00-7:00 pm, Reception at James Hoban's Restaurant and Bar, 1 Dupont Circle NW
- GW Men's & Women's Soccer - 6:30-9:00 pm, Reception at State Plaza Hotel, F Street between 21st and 22nd Sts.
Sunday, Oct. 4
- GW Women's Soccer vs. Temple - 1:00 pm, Mount Vernon Field
- GW Volleyball vs. Fordham - 1:00 pm, Charles E. Smith Center
Jones Named WNBA's Most Improved Player
WASHINGTON - George Washington women's basketball alumna Jonquel Jones capped off an impressive second professional season by taking home a major end-of-seas...
Women's Hoops Adds Walk-On Taylor Campbell
WASHINGTON - George Washington women's basketball coach Jennifer Rizzotti has announced that senior guard Taylor Campbell has been added to the Colonials'...
Rizzotti to Coach at USA Basketball National Team Camp
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - George Washington women's basketball head coach Jennifer Rizzotti will continue her ongoing relationship with USA Basketball when...
Women's Basketball Alums Ink Pro Deals
WASHINGTON - A pair of George Washington women's basketball alums have signed contracts and will head overseas this fall to begin their professional careers.
Women's Basketball Reveals Non-Conference Schedule
WASHINGTON - The George Washington women's basketball team will compete at the prestigious Paradise Jam over Thanksgiving in the U.S. Virgin Islands and...
Jones Named WNBA All-Star Game Starter
In just her second professional season, former GW star Jonquel Jones has earned a starting role in the 2017 WNBA All-Star Game, which will be played July 22 ...
Women's Basketball Adds Christina Richardson to Staff
WASHINGTON - George Washington women's basketball head coach Jennifer Rizzotti has announced the addition of Christina Richardson to the Colonials' staff as ...
Raise High 'Cast: Gregg Ritchie and Jennifer Rizzotti
Ritchie and Rizzotti discuss their extensive experience working with US National Teams