Women's Soccer Edged By LSU
Colonials take on American on Sunday
WASHINGTON -- The George Washington women's soccer squad fell to LSU, 2-0, on Thursday evening at the GW Soccer Field on the Mount Vernon Campus.
The Colonials held a 15-8 advantage in shots and a 10-2 edge in corner kicks, but it wasn't enough to stop the Tigers as they improve to 4-0 on the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- 6th Minute -- Tinaya Alexander gave LSU an early edge when she slipped behind the defense off of a pass from Lucy Parker and converted the breakaway. (LSU 1, GW 0)
- 26th Minute --- The Tigers continued to apply the offensive pressure in the first half and were able to add onto their lead when Zoe Higgins netted her third goal of the season. (LSU 2, GW 0)
- GW threatened, including several quality chances in the second half, but could not find a way to beat LSU's goalkeeper Caroline Brockmeier. The Colonials tallied eight shots in the first half and seven shots in the second half.
- Senior Forward Brittany Cooper led GW with four shots on net while freshman Alexis Williams posted a personal-best three on goal.
- The Colonials' best scoring chance came at the 17:40 mark in the second half when Allie Nornes took a breakaway shot and nearly scored as the ball hit the post.
Hear what head coach Sarah Barnes had to say about today's game:
Coach Barnes' take on today's game: pic.twitter.com/8HSZ96bnxr
-- GW Women's Soccer (@GWWomensSoccer) August 31, 2017
Women’s Soccer Plays Duquesne to Draw in Home Finale
The George Washington women’s soccer squad played Duquesne to a 0-0 draw on Sunday afternoon in their home finale at the GW Soccer Field on the Mount...
Women’s Soccer to Wrap Regular Season
The George Washington women’s soccer squad will hit the road for the last time in the regular season on Thursday when they travel to take on the...
Women’s Soccer Ties Davidson in Final Road Trip
The George Washington women’s soccer squad played Davidson to a 0-0 double overtime draw on Thursday evening at Alumni Stadium in the Colonials’ ...
Women's Soccer Drops Dayton, 1-0
The George Washington women’s soccer squad notched their tenth victory of the season when they dropped Dayton, 1-0, at Baujan Field on Sunday evening.
Women’s Soccer Plays Saint Joseph’s to Draw
The George Washington women’s soccer squad battled Saint Joseph’s to a 0-0 double overtime draw on Thursday afternoon at the GW Soccer Field on ...
Schedule set for GW Soccer Alumni Weekend
George Washington men’s and women’s soccer will celebrate Alumni Weekend on Oct. 21 and 22. The festivities begin Saturday morning with a...
Women’s Soccer Continues A-10 Play
The George Washington women’s soccer squad returns to action on Thursday at 3:30 p.m. to host Saint Joseph’s at the GW Soccer Field on the Mount ...
Women's Soccer Edged By Saint Louis, 1-0
The George Washington women’s soccer squad battled to the last minute of play in regulation, but were edged by Saint Louis, 1-0, when a Billikens’...