Women's Swimming & Diving Blows Past Boston College
GW won 15 of 16 events Saturday
WASHINGTON - George Washington women's swimming and diving claimed 15 of 16 events Saturday en route to a 181-119 win over Boston College on Saturday at Charles E. Smith Center Pool.
Emily Zhang and Jackie Torrez won three races apiece, while Gemma Atherley and Abigail Fusco each picked up a pair of individual victories. The Colonials also took both relays as part of a sterling performance in their second meet of the weekend.
- Zhang posted her wins in the 200-yard freestyle (1:53.56), 100-yard breaststroke (1:06.79) and 100-yard freestyle (52.97 seconds). The junior also swam a leg on GW's winning 200-yard medley relay team. For the weekend, she won five of six individual events, plus two relays.
- Torrez won the 200-yard butterfly (2:08.45), 200-yard breaststroke (2:26.13) and 200-yard individual medley (2:11.18). She edged teammate Andrea Ho by less than a second in the medley victory.
- Atherley captured both backstroke races. The sophomore also had a hand in both relay wins.
- Fusco earned wins in the 50-yard freestyle and 100-yard butterfly, improving her times in both from Friday's meet. The senior swam a leg in the medley relay win to open the meet and then anchored a narrow victory in the 200-yard freestyle relay to close it. li>
- Miranda Simon (3M Dive), Selin Ozturk (1,000 Free) and Tali Lemcoff (500 Free) also posted victories for the Colonials.
-- GW Swimming & Diving (@GWSwimDive) October 22, 2017
Swimming & Diving Lands Five on A-10 All-Academic Teams
George Washington swimming and diving was well represented on the Atlantic 10 All-Academic Teams, released Monday.
Colonial of the Week Presented by Capgemini: Max Forstenhaeusler & Emily Zhang
Max Forstenhaeusler and Emily Zhang headlined an impressive performance for George Washington swimming and diving last week at the CSCAA National...
Zhang Earns Third Medal at CSCAA National Invitational
Emily Zhang capped an impressive showing at the CSCAA National Invitational Championship Saturday with a silver medal in the 100-yard individual medley.
Women's Swimming & Diving Earns Relay Bronze at CSCAA National Invitational
George Washington women’s swimming and diving closed Friday at the CSCAA National Invitational Championship on the podium, earning bronze in the 800-ya...
Zhang Claims Bronze at CSCAA National Invitational
Emily Zhang earned a bronze medal in the 200-yard individual medley for George Washington women’s swimming and diving Thursday to open the CSCAA...
Swimming & Diving Set for CSCAA National Invitational Championship
George Washington is set to send 15 swimmers to the CSCAA National Invitational Championship, which runs Thursday through Saturday at Navy’s Lejeune...
Women's Swimming & Diving Takes Third at A-10 Championships
Abigail Fusco, Emily Zhang and Gemma Atherley all reached the medal podium individually Saturday and then helped George Washington women’s swimming...
Zhang Wins A-10 Gold
Emily Zhang’s gold medal performance in the 200-yard freestyle stood out among a slew of record-breaking efforts for George Washington women’s...