Women's Swimming & Diving Blows Past Boston College
GW won 15 of 16 events Saturday
WASHINGTON - George Washington women's swimming and diving claimed 15 of 16 events Saturday en route to a 181-119 win over Boston College on Saturday at Charles E. Smith Center Pool.
Emily Zhang and Jackie Torrez won three races apiece, while Gemma Atherley and Abigail Fusco each picked up a pair of individual victories. The Colonials also took both relays as part of a sterling performance in their second meet of the weekend.
- Zhang posted her wins in the 200-yard freestyle (1:53.56), 100-yard breaststroke (1:06.79) and 100-yard freestyle (52.97 seconds). The junior also swam a leg on GW's winning 200-yard medley relay team. For the weekend, she won five of six individual events, plus two relays.
- Torrez won the 200-yard butterfly (2:08.45), 200-yard breaststroke (2:26.13) and 200-yard individual medley (2:11.18). She edged teammate Andrea Ho by less than a second in the medley victory.
- Atherley captured both backstroke races. The sophomore also had a hand in both relay wins.
- Fusco earned wins in the 50-yard freestyle and 100-yard butterfly, improving her times in both from Friday's meet. The senior swam a leg in the medley relay win to open the meet and then anchored a narrow victory in the 200-yard freestyle relay to close it. li>
- Miranda Simon (3M Dive), Selin Ozturk (1,000 Free) and Tali Lemcoff (500 Free) also posted victories for the Colonials.
-- GW Swimming & Diving (@GWSwimDive) October 22, 2017
Swimming & Diving Set for CSCAA National Invitational Championship
George Washington is set to send 15 swimmers to the CSCAA National Invitational Championship, which runs Thursday through Saturday at Navy’s Lejeune...
Women's Swimming & Diving Takes Third at A-10 Championships
Abigail Fusco, Emily Zhang and Gemma Atherley all reached the medal podium individually Saturday and then helped George Washington women’s swimming...
Zhang Wins A-10 Gold
Emily Zhang’s gold medal performance in the 200-yard freestyle stood out among a slew of record-breaking efforts for George Washington women’s...
Women's Swimming & Diving Drops More Records
Emily Zhang and Abigail Fusco broke program records on the way to individual medals and then helped George Washington women’s swimming and diving earn ...
Women's Swimming & Diving Claims A-10 Gold
Gemma Atherley, Abigail Fusco, Jackie Torrez and Emily Zhang set program and conference records en route to gold in the 800-yard freestyle relay Wednesday,...
Swimming & Diving Heads to A-10 Championships
George Washington swimming and diving heads to the Atlantic 10 Championships this week, looking to continue the program's recent rise. The meet runs from...
Women's Swimming & Diving Earns CSCAA Academic Honor
George Washington women's swimming and diving has been named a College Swimming Coaches Association of America (CSCAA) Scholar All-America Team for the fall ...
Arendes, Nachtwey Earn A-10 Rookie Honors
George Washington swimming and diving swept Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week honors Tuesday with divers Gabriella Arendes and Peter Nachtwey both recognized....