Women's Swimming & Diving Grabs Home Victory
Eight different Colonials won individual events
WASHINGTON - George Washington women's swimming and diving produced eight different individual winners in Saturday's 174-115 win over Davidson on Saturday morning at Charles E. Smith Center Pool.
The Colonials spread around the success with Miranda Simon, Selin Ozturk, Emily Zhang, Gemma Atherley, Rachel Dickinson, Abigail Fusco, Lynn Zhang and Andrea Ho capturing events. They won 11 of 16 events in all to defeat the Wildcats and improve to 4-1 in dual meets this fall.
- Atherley won both backstroke races. The sophomore edged teammate Alli Lapps to take the 100-yard backstroke (58.99 seconds) and beat out Fusco in the 200-yard backstroke (2:04.87). She also was part of a 200-yard medley relay victory with Fusco, Emily Zhang and Ho.
- Ozturk took both distance events. GW's Tali Lemcoff was second behind her in both the 1,000-yard freestyle and 500-yard freestyle.
- Emily Zhang was also a double winner, taking the 200-yard breaststroke (2:23.72) and 200-yard freestyle (1:54.53).
- Dickinson's win in 1-meter diving (236.40) was the first of her collegiate career. The freshman was fourth in the 3-meter competition, where Simon won by scoring 239.93.
- Fusco was tops in the 50-meter freestyle (24.06 seconds), while Ho triumphed in the 200-yard butterfly (2:08.73).
UP NEXT: GW heads to the Magnus Cup hosted by Cleveland State from Nov. 17-19. The Colonials wrap up the fall Dec. 2 with a home meet against Richmond.
-- GW Swimming & Diving (@GWSwimDive) November 4, 2017
Swimming & Diving Lands Five on A-10 All-Academic Teams
George Washington swimming and diving was well represented on the Atlantic 10 All-Academic Teams, released Monday.
Colonial of the Week Presented by Capgemini: Max Forstenhaeusler & Emily Zhang
Max Forstenhaeusler and Emily Zhang headlined an impressive performance for George Washington swimming and diving last week at the CSCAA National...
Zhang Earns Third Medal at CSCAA National Invitational
Emily Zhang capped an impressive showing at the CSCAA National Invitational Championship Saturday with a silver medal in the 100-yard individual medley.
Women's Swimming & Diving Earns Relay Bronze at CSCAA National Invitational
George Washington women’s swimming and diving closed Friday at the CSCAA National Invitational Championship on the podium, earning bronze in the 800-ya...
Zhang Claims Bronze at CSCAA National Invitational
Emily Zhang earned a bronze medal in the 200-yard individual medley for George Washington women’s swimming and diving Thursday to open the CSCAA...
Swimming & Diving Set for CSCAA National Invitational Championship
George Washington is set to send 15 swimmers to the CSCAA National Invitational Championship, which runs Thursday through Saturday at Navy’s Lejeune...
Women's Swimming & Diving Takes Third at A-10 Championships
Abigail Fusco, Emily Zhang and Gemma Atherley all reached the medal podium individually Saturday and then helped George Washington women’s swimming...
Zhang Wins A-10 Gold
Emily Zhang’s gold medal performance in the 200-yard freestyle stood out among a slew of record-breaking efforts for George Washington women’s...