Women's Swimming & Diving Grabs Home Victory
Eight different Colonials won individual events
WASHINGTON - George Washington women's swimming and diving produced eight different individual winners in Saturday's 174-115 win over Davidson on Saturday morning at Charles E. Smith Center Pool.
The Colonials spread around the success with Miranda Simon, Selin Ozturk, Emily Zhang, Gemma Atherley, Rachel Dickinson, Abigail Fusco, Lynn Zhang and Andrea Ho capturing events. They won 11 of 16 events in all to defeat the Wildcats and improve to 4-1 in dual meets this fall.
- Atherley won both backstroke races. The sophomore edged teammate Alli Lapps to take the 100-yard backstroke (58.99 seconds) and beat out Fusco in the 200-yard backstroke (2:04.87). She also was part of a 200-yard medley relay victory with Fusco, Emily Zhang and Ho.
- Ozturk took both distance events. GW's Tali Lemcoff was second behind her in both the 1,000-yard freestyle and 500-yard freestyle.
- Emily Zhang was also a double winner, taking the 200-yard breaststroke (2:23.72) and 200-yard freestyle (1:54.53).
- Dickinson's win in 1-meter diving (236.40) was the first of her collegiate career. The freshman was fourth in the 3-meter competition, where Simon won by scoring 239.93.
- Fusco was tops in the 50-meter freestyle (24.06 seconds), while Ho triumphed in the 200-yard butterfly (2:08.73).
UP NEXT: GW heads to the Magnus Cup hosted by Cleveland State from Nov. 17-19. The Colonials wrap up the fall Dec. 2 with a home meet against Richmond.
-- GW Swimming & Diving (@GWSwimDive) November 4, 2017
Swimming & Diving Set for CSCAA National Invitational Championship
George Washington is set to send 15 swimmers to the CSCAA National Invitational Championship, which runs Thursday through Saturday at Navy’s Lejeune...
Women's Swimming & Diving Takes Third at A-10 Championships
Abigail Fusco, Emily Zhang and Gemma Atherley all reached the medal podium individually Saturday and then helped George Washington women’s swimming...
Zhang Wins A-10 Gold
Emily Zhang’s gold medal performance in the 200-yard freestyle stood out among a slew of record-breaking efforts for George Washington women’s...
Women's Swimming & Diving Drops More Records
Emily Zhang and Abigail Fusco broke program records on the way to individual medals and then helped George Washington women’s swimming and diving earn ...
Women's Swimming & Diving Claims A-10 Gold
Gemma Atherley, Abigail Fusco, Jackie Torrez and Emily Zhang set program and conference records en route to gold in the 800-yard freestyle relay Wednesday,...
Swimming & Diving Heads to A-10 Championships
George Washington swimming and diving heads to the Atlantic 10 Championships this week, looking to continue the program's recent rise. The meet runs from...
Women's Swimming & Diving Earns CSCAA Academic Honor
George Washington women's swimming and diving has been named a College Swimming Coaches Association of America (CSCAA) Scholar All-America Team for the fall ...
Arendes, Nachtwey Earn A-10 Rookie Honors
George Washington swimming and diving swept Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week honors Tuesday with divers Gabriella Arendes and Peter Nachtwey both recognized....