Feb. 15, 2010
MONROEVILLE, PA -- The George Washington women's tennis team fell to Atlantic 10 rival Duquesne Sunday, 7-0, at The Club Sport and Health tennis facility.
Freshman Mimi Hamling and sophomore Zoe Krohn won their No. 1 doubles match 9-8 (7-5) over their Duquesne opponents, as GW's only win of the day in multiple hard fought matches.
Junior Jennifer Hirsh took her No. 4 singles match to a third-set, but fell 6-2, 3-6, 6-3.
The Colonials are back in action at Montclair Country Club in Woodbridge, VA, to take on California University (PA) on Saturday, Feb. 20 at 6:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 21, GW hosts Delaware with a 6:30 start at the Elkton (MD) Indoor Tennis Facility.
1) Hamling/ Krohn (GW) def Z. Williams/ R McGowan (Duquesne) 9-8 (7-5)
2) S. Noble/ P.Mungo (Duquesne) def. Corba/Lysienia (GW) 8-6
3) E. Convoy/ T.Majdalani (Duquesne) def. Style/ Hirsh (GW) 8-6
1) A. Mungo (Duquesne) def Jacqueline Corba (GW) 6-4 6-1
2) Z. Williams (Duquesne) def. Mimi Hamling (GW) 6-1 6-3
3) R. McGowan (Duquesne) def. Dorota Lysienia (GW) 6-2 6-2
4) S.Noble (Duquesne) def. Jennifer Hirsh (GW) 6-2 3-6 6-3
5) E.Conroy (Duquesne) def. Zoe Krohn (GW) 6-2 6-4
6) T. Majdalani (Duquesne) def. Meg Tyner (GW) 6-2 6-4