Demidenko fights back to force a third set and a tiebreaker.
Feb. 21, 2009
Philadelphia, PA - The George Washington University women's tennis team fell to the University of Pennsylvania Friday afternoon, 7-0, in Philadelphia, PA.
In singles competition, sophomore Nadia Demidenko battled back from a 6-1 loss in the first set of her No. 1 singles match to win the second match 6-0 and force a third set, which she sent to a tiebreaker. Demidenko lost the third set 7-6 (2).
The Colonials battled hard but Penn won every match.
Penn 7, George Washington 0
Feb. 20, 2009
1. Kosminskaya/Ely (UPenn) def Nadia Demidenko / Jacqueline Corba (GW) 8-6
2. Sadaka/Anisimova (UPenn) def Meg Tyner / Zoe Krohn (GW) 8-3
3. Wong/Shaffer (UPenn) def Jennifer Hirsh / Michele Style (GW) 8-2
1. Kosminskaya (UPenn) def Nadia Demidenko (GW) 6-1, 0-6, 7-6 (2)
2. Anisiomva (UPenn) def Jacqueline Corba (GW) 6-4, 6-3
3. Sadaka (UPenn) def Jennifer Hirsh (GW) 6-0, 6-3
4. Ely (UPenn) def Zoe Krohn (GW) 6-1, 6-2
5. Wong (UPenn) def Verena Knoedler (GW) 6-0, 6-0
6. Jordyn Shaffer (UPenn) def Michele Style (GW) 6-1, 6-1