The Colonials win pivotal doubles point.
Feb. 23, 2009
WASHINGTON, DC - The George Washington University women's tennis team won the pivotal doubles point to beat James Madison, 4-3, in Washington, DC, Sunday.
The double combos of Nadia Demidenko and Jacqui Corba and Meg Tyner and Zoe Krohn came away victorious over their JMU opponents 8-1 and 9-7 respectively.
In singles play, Nadia Demidenko and Jacqui Corba carried the momentum into two more victories at the No. 1 and No. 2 singles matches. Zoe Krohn won her No. 4 singles match 6-4, 7-5.
Women's tennis is back in action on Feb. 28 against Richmond at 1:00 p.m. at the Montclair Country Club in Woodbridge, VA.
GW 4, JMU 3
Feb. 22, 2009
1. Nadia Demidenko / Jacqui Corba (GW) def Pate/Erickson (JMU) 8-1
2. Meg Tyner / Zoe Krohn (GW) def Khoor/Nimitz (JMU) 9-7
3. Donner/DeMasters (JMU) def Jennifer Hirsh / Michele Style (GW) 8-5
1. Nadia Demidenko (GW) def Pate (JMU) 6-2, 6-4
2. Jacqui Corba (GW) def Erickson (JMU) 7-6(3), 6-4
3. Nimitz (JMU) def Jennifer Hirsh (GW) 4-6, 6-2, 6-1
4. Zoe Krohn (GW) def Khoor (JMU) 6-4, 7-5
5. DeMasters (JMU) def Verena Knoedler (GW) 5-7, 6-1, 6-0
6. Maxwell (JMU) def Michele Style (GW) 6-1, 6-0