March 14, 2010
WILMINGTON, NC -- The GW women's tennis team fell to UNC Wilmington on Sunday, 5-2, snapping a five-match win streak for GW's No.1 doubles pair of Mimi Hamling and Zoe Krohn.
The Seahawks took a quick 1-0 lead, sweeping doubles action.
Sophomore captain Jacqueline Corba won swiftly at No. 1 singles over her Seahawk opponent 6-2, 6-0, while freshman Dorota Lysienia won at No. 3 singles for the Colonials in a three set tiebreaker 3-6, 7-5, 10-7.
Hamling fell at No. 2 singles 6-1, 6-3, while Jennifer Hirsh, Meg Tyner and Sasha Gluck also fell in their singles matches to UNC Wilmington.
The Colonials continue on the road heading to Lillington, NC, to face Campbell University on Tue, Mar. 16, at 2:30 p.m.
1. Jacqueline Corba (GWU) def. Kayla Schwenk (UNCW) 6-2, 6-0
2. Christina Lee (UNCW) def. Mimi Hamling (GWU) 6-1, 6-3
3. Dorota Lysienia (GWU) def. Christina Riley (UNCW) 3-6, 7-5, 10-7
4. Lindsay Leblang (UNCW) def. Jennifer Hirsh (GWU) 6-1, 6-3
5. Chelsea Kahle (UNCW) def. Meg Tyner (GWU) 6-3, 6-3
6. Casey Dashiell (UNCW) def. Sasha Gluck (GWU) 6-4, 6-4
1. Kayla Schwenk/Christina Riley (UNCW) def. Mimi Hamling / Zoe Krohn (GWU) 8-6
2. Christina Lee/Lindsay Leblang (UNCW) def. Jacqueline Corba / Sasha Gluck (GWU) 8-2
3. Hartley Collins/Chelsea Kahle (UNCW) def. Dorota Lysienia / Meg Tyner (GWU) 8-3