April 11, 2010
NORFOLK, VA -- The George Washington women's tennis team traveled to take on James Madison on Saturday, losing a 5-2 decision to the Dukes.
GW was swept at all three doubles matches to allow JMU to earn the doubles point.
In singles play the Colonials got victories from Jacqueline Corba at No 1 singles and Mimi Hamling at No. 2. Both players won in two sets, 6-2, 6-1 over their JMU opponents.
Freshman Dorota Lysienia, at No. 3 singles, was able to bounce back from dropping the first set 2-6, to win the second 6-1, but fell in the third 4-6.
The Colonials close out their home schedule Sunday at 2:00 p.m. against area rival Towson at the Mount Vernon Tennis Center.
1. K. Bulling/ K.Pate (JMU) def Z.Krohn/M.Hamling (GW) 8-6
2. R.Erickson/ K.Nimitz (JMU) def S.Gluck/ J.Corba (GW) 8-4
3. M.Nguyen/ M Douglass (JMU) def M.Tyner/D.Lysienia (GW) 8-4
1. J.Corba (GW) def K.Bulling (JMU) 6-2 6-1
2. M.Hamling (GW) def K.Pate (JMU) 6-2 6-1
3. R.Erickson (JMU) def D.Lysienia (GW) 6-2 1-6 6-4
4. M.Douglass (JMU) def J.Hirsh (GW) 6-2 6-3
5. M.Nguyen (JMU) def M.Tyner (GW) 6-3 6-0
6. K.Nimitz (JMU) def S.Gluck (GW) 6-3 7-6 (7-1)
K.Maxwell (JMU) def H.Kustoff (GW) 8-1