Volleyball Falls at Fordham
Davidson posts 16-kill, 11-dig double-double
Bronx, N.Y. - The GW volleyball team wrapped its weekend trip through the northeast with a 3-1 loss at Fordham on Sunday afternoon in an Atlantic 10 conference match at Rose Hill Gymnasium.
- Senior Aaliya Davidson put down a season-high 16 kills as part of a double-double with 11 digs.
- Sophomore Jaimeson Lee finished with 31 assists, nine digs and four block assists.
- GW totaled double-digit blocks (10.5) for the fourth straight match and sixth time this season.
- Junior Kelsey Clark led the effort at the net with seven block assists.
How It Happened
Set 1: Fordham 25, GW 18
- Fordham started the match on a 5-2 run.
- GW trailed by as many as seven points before rallying to cut the deficit to two points at 19-17.
- The Rams regained the momentum and closed the set on a 6-1 run to take a 1-0 lead in the match
Set 2: Fordham 25, GW 11
- Fordham used three substantial runs and never trailed in the second set.
Set 3: GW 25, Fordham 21
- GW hit .353 with just three attack errors in a dominant win in the third set.
- The Colonials trailed early by one point but broke a 3-3 tie with a 6-3 run to open a 9-6 advantage.
- Fordham answered with a mini run to take a 15-13 lead but the Colonials rebounded with a 7-3 run to open a 20-18 lead.
- GW stormed out of a timeout to end the set on a 5-3 run to take the set, 25-21.
Set 4: Fordham 25, GW 22
- The decisive fourth set was tied seven times before Fordham came away with the 25-22 win.
- GW nearly erased a five point deficit, fighting back to within one point of the lead at 21-20, but Fordham turned away the rally to clinch the match.
- GW remains on the road but will play a pair of local matches this week. The Colonials visit Howard on Tuesday night before a Revolutionary Rivalry installment at George Mason on Friday.
Volleyball Alumna Moor Excelling in Debut Pro Season
WASHINGTON - Former George Washington volleyball student-athlete Kristel Moor, who graduated following the Fall 2017 semester, is enjoying a standout debut...
Spring Season Underway for Volleyball
WASHINGTON - The George Washington volleyball team officially opened its spring season on Monday by commencing the 20-hour-a-week practice period under the...
GW Volleyball Launches Youth Volleyball Camp
WASHINGTON - The George Washington volleyball program will host a Youth Volleyball Camp this summer at the Charles E. Smith Center. The two-day camp will run...
Lete Named Community Service Student-Athlete of the Month for December
Congratulations to George Washington volleyball junior Alexis Lete on being named GW's Community Service Student-Athlete of the Month for December.
Volleyball Falls in A-10 Semifinals to Dayton
PITTSBURGH - The GW volleyball team, fresh of an historic upset in the quarterfinal round of the Atlantic 10 Championship, saw its season come to an end in...
Volleyball Advances to A-10 Championship Semifinals
PITTSBURGH - The third time was the charm for the George Washington volleyball team as it got the best of Saint Louis in the third meeting of the season.
Volleyball Opens A-10 Championship Play on Friday
LEADING OFF: The sixth-seeded George Washington volleyball team will make its third postseason appearance in the last four seasons this weekend when it opens...
Volleyball Clinches Postseason Appearance on Senior Night
WASHINGTON - The George Washington volleyball team concluded the regular season on Friday night with a hard-fought, 3-0 loss to Saint Louis on Senior Night...