Reviewing 2012 Class of Inductees
Reviewing 2010 Class of Inductees
Reviewing 2008 Class of Inductees
Reviewing 2006 Class of Inductees
Reviewing 2004 Class of Inductees
Reviewing 2003 Class of Inductees
Reviewing 2002 Class of Inductees
Reviewing 2001 Class of Inductees
GW Hall of Fame Class of 2010 (L-R): Scott Allen, Stephen Joel Trachtenberg, Mike Battle, Myriah (Lonergan) Cain and Li Liu.
The George Washington University Athletic Hall of Fame will expand from its current number of 136 members to 144 when the 49th Colonials class will be inducted on Saturday, Feb. 18, 2012.
Founded in 1959, seven inaugural members--including the late Arnold (Red) Auerbach '40--began this tradition of excellence.
Criteria for eligibility include:
- earning a varsity letter in a men's or women's sport sponsored by the University, or
- earning a varsity letter and distinguishing oneself with outstanding success in a profession or avocation AND exhibiting extraordinary service, support and loyalty to the GW Athletics Department, or
- serving as a distinguished former men's or women's varsity coach, or
- serving as a distinguished former intercollegiate administrator at the University.
- letterwinners in the Athletic Hall of Fame must have earned their final letters at least five years ago (prior to 2006-07).
GW Hall of Fame member the late Red Auerbach ('40) with former GW President Stephen Joel Trachtenberg in 1998.
The following are members of the GW Athletic Hall of Fame:
GW Athletic Hall of Fame By Sport
GW Athletic Hall of Fame By Year
BK=Basketball BB=Baseball FB=Football
VB = Volleyball WP=Water Polo